vibeke

Bootie options!

Most of the differences have to do with the taper from the knee to the toe. One version curves a little in toward the ankle and the other version goes straight from the knee to the toe.

Other differences are the type of material that goes under the shoe. One versions is fabric and the other version is leather.

I see - Mine start thier taper below the knee. Sole is of leather. The advantage of starting the taper higher is more surface area I assume?

Edited for spelling

And the vented ones are, well, vented. They inflate when you track away. Very noticeble boost in tracking acceleration and speed.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I would expect them to be inflated more or less constantly?
Is there a hesitation in the inflation or is it immediate?
I stretch at my legs allmost all the time during 4 way, and often just one at a time. I hope I didnt make a bad chiose on this vented stuff...
I have seen Parasports vented botties work pretty well. Im guessing / hoping its the same for Tonys.

I would expect them to be inflated more or less constantly?
Is there a hesitation in the inflation or is it immediate?
I stretch at my legs allmost all the time during 4 way, and often just one at a time. I hope I didnt make a bad chiose on this vented stuff...
I have seen Parasports vented botties work pretty well. Im guessing / hoping its the same for Tonys.

I can't say I notice much difference from regular booties except when tracking.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Americans sleep soundly in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Why do Italians or Swedes sleep soundly, then?

The same reason and because of the the same "rough men";)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Americans sleep soundly in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Why do Italians or Swedes sleep soundly, then?

The same reason and because of the the same "rough men";)

All right you guys, take it outside (by that I mean Speakers Tantrum... er Corner)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

so aside from people trying to pick fights.

does anyone have any input on the booties;)
i'm looking to get a new rw suit this summer and want input from people who have jumped with them
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

The term "mega" is deceiving. It just means the bootie extends all the way from knee to toe and gives you more surface area to slice into the air. "Normal" booties are not much bootie at all. They typically start below the knee and extend to the toe. They help with forward movement but don't do much more than straight legs when it comes to turns.

I don't know about vents and all that unless you want to slow your fall rate. You can always cover the vents if they float you or get in your way otherwise.

Enjoy the Tony Suit!

Blues! :ph34r:
Ed Lightle

Anyone that has questions about booties on a jump suit, I highly suggest you call the manufacturer and ask them for advice. I recently ordered a Bev suit (it came in today!…yeah for me!) and the information I got from Bev was different than the discussion I heard other places. In this thread alone I’ve seen several comments that are probably misleading or incorrect. The manufactures can tell you all you need to know and help tailor a suit to your needs. And the best part is they are all happy to spend time on the phone with you talking about it!
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Anyone that has questions about booties on a jump suit, I highly suggest you call the manufacturer and ask them for advice. ***

i was planning on doing this too, i was just wondering if anyone had any personal experiences, good or bad that they could share.

how do you like yours so far though?

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

hehe funny how a few, totally off topic comments can light an old thread.

I ordered the vented bootie. I certainly don't want to slow fallrate, but expect the difference on vented / not vented to be relative. I kinda like the promise of "more power" when legs gets extended.

Its not always an option to call the manufacturer. I live in Denmark. Calling would be expensive and complicated. Otherwise very good suggestion!

I will get my suit in about one month, when friends camp have ended. I could let you know how it works for me - but I am sure you cant wait that long to order your new suit. :P

Wanted to do a follow-up on this subject, as I know that many use the search function, to seek advice on previously discussed subjects.

I ordered the Tony suit with vented bootie.
The suit itself is great. Good fit, although they tend to place knees a bit low. Great service as well.

But the booties sucks! Compared to Rainbows booties, or Bevs, they just don't cut it. They feel... soft, somehow.
Not enough power! Next time Im getting a bootie option with a single, tight seam in front of the bootie. This seems to make the bootie more "steerable" and powerfull.

I have a new michigan suit on the way with the rigid booty. It has closed cell 1/4 foam sandwiched in between the cordura booty material, the theory is to allow more power with less muscle tension required.

I would ask Matt Davidson of the GK 4 way team of the vented booty, he has a few jumps in theset up from what I know and is real helpful in these things.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I spoke with Kirk Verner of Airspeed about the Tony Suits booties and he had nothing but positive things to say about them. I have a pair on the way, mega booties without the vents, I'll let you know how they work for me.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

The jumpsuit I currently own has standard booties but I just ordered a new bevsuit (at 50% off from a 2-way competition coupon) with Magik Style booties... I'm looking forward to trying them out. B|

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...