i can hardly hear my protrack

its brand new and i jumped with it for the first time on saturday (only made one jump). I heard the break off alarm BARELY and then i didnt hear the pull alarm and didnt wait for it either (it was meant to go off at 4500 as i was jumping a new canopy).

Anyhoo its not a problem with low batteries and i have it set to HI output volume. My helmet was a little loose so that might have been why, also it hasn't been baked to fit my head yet (its a new BH Mindwarp with the internal pocket) so it might need to have the "ear flaps" squished into the sides of my head more. Anyone else had anything like this? By the way, im not hard of hearing or anyhting like that. Anyone got any ideas?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Did you try using Q-tips???

yeah i use them probably too regularly - i love the feel of soft cotton on my ear drums.

But yeah getting back to the issue at hand, why cant i hear the damn thing?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

The company that makes Pro-trac is supposedly about to release a plug in speaker that you can put anywhere in your helmet you like. Options are one on both sides, or two right next to each other. Im going to the PIA today I'll let you know.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

The company that makes Pro-trac is supposedly about to release a plug in speaker that you can put anywhere in your helmet you like. Options are one on both sides, or two right next to each other. Im going to the PIA today I'll let you know.

That would be cool. Would you be able to have the Protrac itself harness mounted for better accuracy?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

you may want to check out the helmet...

Good call. It's entirely possible that the location of the audible inside the helmet isn't lined up with the location of your ears.

I'd suggest baking the helmet first, then check to see where your ear is in relation to where the audible sits.

I have the same problem in my Mindwarp and it is mostly due to the alignment of the holes and the padding. make sure that the sound has a clear shot at your ear.

I bought a new Bonehead at the same time as my pro-track and could hardly hear it at first. The alignment of speaker to ear was okay but the hole through the helmet was in the wrong place and needed a lot of enlarging with a file. It made a huge difference.