rocketfeuille

RW suit

Hey everybody- I just got an RW suit on ebay, but I'm not quite satisfied with it (considering how much I paid) and can't decide whether or not to send it back... If I've been doing RW in a Tony Space Suit, how much potential does the suit have for helping me improve? Thanks for your opinions...

Booties, tunnel time, form a team and practice, coaching, a little video. That's the best recipe for getting good (good = fast).

Still best to fork out the money for a good custom fit suit (booties, inside grippers, etc.) But that a matter of $$$$. So's the tunnel time.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

just a quick little jab at this thread: most people won't allow you to return stuff once bought off ebay. Thats the one major downside I've found with ebay. You might just be stuck with it!

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but I'm not quite satisfied with it

Why not? Is there something wrong with it or would you just rather not spend that much money?

It's a little more worn than I expected, and the zipper on one of the legs doesn't function. I'm just not sure if it's worth what I thought it was worth. I'm hoping to find out by hearing from some other DZ.commers how much a difference an RW suit might or might not make. It would really help me decide whether or not the money I spent was worth it. Also, he has agreed to refund my money (and that's a very gracious thing to do) but it's been hard for me to find a used RW suit that fits and I definitely can't afford a new one.

Dress for success!

A good RW suit will make a world of difference in your flying. If there's problems with the suit itsself, talk to one of your riggers around the DZ, you might beable to talk him/her into fixing the suit for you, for not much money.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Dress for success!

A good RW suit will make a world of difference in your flying. If there's problems with the suit itsself, talk to one of your riggers around the DZ, you might beable to talk him/her into fixing the suit for you, for not much money.

Absolutely true - the suit is your point of contact with the atmosphere; it makes a lot of difference.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'd say you can learn to be good in anything reasonably current. It takes a great suit to learn to be great.

I'd take it out to the DZ and ask an RW coach or someone to evaluate it; both for wear, and for fit/appropriateness. If there are minor problems with either, a good rigger or seamstress should be able to fix that.

Unless you're a pretty easy size to fit.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'd say you can learn to be good in anything reasonably current. It takes a great suit to learn to be great.

I'd take it out to the DZ and ask an RW coach or someone to evaluate it; both for wear, and for fit/appropriateness. If there are minor problems with either, a good rigger or seamstress should be able to fix that.

Unless you're a pretty easy size to fit.

Wendy W.

Hmmm - I'm not a rigger but I sew pretty well and make repairs and alterations to my jumpsuits (and even the GF's dresses). Does that make me a seamstress?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I would definitely agree with the others that having a (good) RW suit will make a tremendous amount of different in your belly flying. It allows for consistent amounts of drag on every jump so that the amount of input you have to put in is consistent too. Booties will also help out tremendously with everything relating to forward motion (getting to a formation, taking grips, tracking.) Most importantly it makes you look good B| If the suit fits you well and there's just a few minor problems that a rigger or someone else can fix for then I'd say it's worthwhile to keep. If you want to get really good at belly flying then you should definitely have an RW suit.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

it sounded really contrived to say seamster or seamstress, or tailor and seamstress, and "sewer" is a little too open to interpretation.

anyway, I've spent years ignoring male-trended words applied to me -- suck it up :D

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)