cobaltdan

Is the Radical the same as the Cobalt (was: "In-Between" canopy size?????)

Not to get too off topic here, but when my husband ordered a brand new 135 Cobalt and received a Radical and I called you about it, are you saying you gave me innaccurate info?

No, the information was accurate for the canopy supplied to your husband. Atair Europe has since further developed the canopy for higher performance based on customer requests.

Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

He is currently selling that canopy. Just to verify....it is accurate to tell any prospective buyer that his Radical (manufactured in 2006) is the same as the Cobalt?

Thank you for clarifying and I'm glad that I can point anyone who is unsure to your post.

Atair Aerodynamics manufacturers the cobalt, competition cobalt, Onyx and X-1 canopies.

What you were told was probably misconstrued from a statement that production of these canopies was shifted from Europe to the US... Nothing has been discontinued and sales has been steadily rising for years.
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

the Radical is only made by the "real" Atair: Stane and Magdelena. It's positively not the same canopy as the Impulse/Space/Alpha/Cobalt. The only two I have ever seen are routinely jumped by James Boole and Robi Pecnic of Phoenix Fly (the wingsuit company). Both of those guys get fantastic openings in their wingsuits and swoop the piss out of their canopies.

Chuck

the Radical is only made by the "real" Atair: Stane and Magdelena. It's positively not the same canopy as the Impulse/Space/Alpha/Cobalt. The only two I have ever seen are routinely jumped by James Boole and Robi Pecnic of Phoenix Fly (the wingsuit company). Both of those guys get fantastic openings in their wingsuits and swoop the piss out of their canopies.

Chuck

hmmm do they have a demo program??? I have been hearing of this radical lately a lot

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

From what I remember being told, the Radical is elliptical at the front, but only tapered at the back, to give better heading performance.

Can't remember anything else.

James always got nice swoops out of it; I think he was jumping a 99, so nicely loading it. ;)

--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

Chuck

I have one! :P And I actually won a swoop meet with it last year. heehee