Vectracide

NW CPC Event #1 results

NW CPC Event #1

Event 1 was held at Skydive Snohomish, Wa, where the core base of the NW CPC is located. The weather was overcast for most of the day, with a ceiling of around 8k until after the event was over. Almost all of the jumps ended up being downwind, with a couple having a crosswind component. These conditions led to some challenging set-ups, hilarious accuracy slides, and several video reviews of the entry gates.

The first round was speed, and by no big surprise, Tom P. smoked the course with the fastest time of 2.13 on his JVX 2.0 96’. 2nd fastest was Craig Smiley on his Xaos 88 27 cell, followed by Brad H. on his Katana 107 with a time of 2.77. Due to a series of verts and blade strike penalties, speed was awarded to Tom P, Brad H. and Craig S. respectively.

Trying to beat the increasing winds, accuracy was next. Unfortunately, the winds were directly downwind for this event, and the set up was to determining factor on how well you scored in this round. All competitors made the gates, and put down early to try to prevent from sliding into the negative zones. 2 competitors put down in zone 1 and ended up in zone 7 when they finally came to rest. The highest combined score of 138 was given to Brad H., which was a major factor in how the final standings played out, followed by Craig S. with 75 and Bryan J. with 56 points. Definitely the toughest event of the day, with only 2 competitors scoring in the second round.

Everyone was looking forward to the distance rounds, with many competitors going just shy of 400’ the day before in practice. Tom P. once again went the farthest with a 388’ and 392’, followed by Daniel O. of Toledo with a 299’. Only 2 verts took place on both rounds, which was a difficult set-up with changing down and crosswinds between rounds.

The event was a very successful one, due to the great family of jumpers here at Snohomish that all pitched in with course set-up, scoring, judging, and tear down. Most of us went up for a full altitude tube jump to finish the day off, as we are all freeflyers as well. Skydive Snohomish allowed us to manage the event well, and provided us with a Cessna all day to 4-5k. Thank you Tyson and Elaine.

Here are the final results:

Tom P. 449 JVX 2.0 93
Brad H. 425 Katana 107
Craig S. 246 Xaos27 88
Bryan J. 217 Xaos27 118
Daniel O. 199 Velocity
Tara W. 57 Katana

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

I want to congratulate all the canopy pilots on the great decisions made in the area of safety. I witnessed not one person pushing beyond their limits to make the gates with the various wind conditions that were present. For the most improved pilot based on this meets performance form previous years would have to go to Bryan Jones. He made gates all 6 rounds and placed 2 in distance. Nice job!

Tom
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy sh1t...what a ride!"

So how many participants were there?

So what’s up with Andy F. I haven't seen his name in any swoop comps in some time. Is he still competitively swooping anymore? It has been a couple years since I last jumped on the West side.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

So what’s up with Andy F. I haven't seen his name in any swoop comps in some time. Is he still competitively swooping anymore?

He competed in a few selective comps last year. But I think he's busy doing demos and well helping to run his family's DZ.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

As far as I know, since Andy has been sponsored by Red Bull, he has had a very busy schedule with demo's and events surrounding the Company. When he's at home, hes busy building up the new Kashelton. He did compete with us last year at thier dropzone, but he more than likely will no be going to any other CPC's, as he's a Pro pilot and doesn't really have a need to swoop in anything other than the PST....if he does that even.

Brad

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....