shunkka

stileto 135

i know there are a lot of posts about downsizing and sorry for a new thread about it
i bought a stileto 135
i demo for 20 jumps a stileto 150 and i want to put more jumps on an 150 till i will jump my canopy. my landings are stand up and pretty close to target (crosswind too)
i bought the 135 because in the future i`ll downsize and i`m not in a hurry to jump my new toy.
my question is: what differences can i expect between stileto 150 and 135?

thanks for the info guys

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

you didnt give any details about yourself (mostly.. weight)

A smaller canopy will be loaded more than your bigger canopy. Therefore it becomes "more high performance"
things will happen faster, turns will be faster, your canopy will lose more altitude in a turn.. all things that can hurt you.. (and will if you are not careful)

Jump the 150 a whole bunch more before downsizing to a 135... the Stiletto 135 is an awesome canopy, but definately a high performance wing.. your jump numbers are fairly low for a canopy of this size.. (even without knowing your weight)

Be careful, and seek coaching from a more experienced person on your dz.

you dont load it out too much but if your wanting to swoop i think the stileto is ok. it surns very fast and it will turn faster at 135. also if you have line twist or a break fire it will get into trouble faster giving you less time and magnifying your problems.

if your wanting to swoop i thing the stileto is a good twitchy canopy and will train you for the more high performance canooies and you will be able to handle fast turns.

the sttileto is a fast recovering canopy and forces a one to make a turn lower to swoop.

i think if you want to start swooping i would try out a sabre 2 or a pilot or safire as your next thing i say a sabre 2 120. it wont turn as fast but it has a harder dive and a longer recovery and is a safer begining swooper canopy then the stileto. you will do dives higher and can bail out early and i believe the sabre 2 will way out swoop a stileto but i am not sure about that.

at least that stileto has trained you in a high performce turning canopy that will help you when you go to a katana one day. to me the katana was like a stileto with turning and reactivness but dives like nothing i have ever flown and i fly crossfires and it will out dive a crossfire as far as katana or crossfire which one can be swooped further i think its close and up to the pilot.

the crossfire and katana are the front runners in their class and are as fast as you can go with out going to a xbraced.

i say demo a sabre 2 120 get brian germanins book get coaching, get a digital alti and take your time dont push let it come.

So... the OP has 192 dives and is on a 150 Stilleto. (1.15) The Stilleto is recomended by the manufacturer for 500+ jumps.

The OP is thinking about going to a 135 Stilleto. (1.28)

Are you advising going to a wing loading of 1.44 on Sabre 2/Safire/Pilot/Crossfire/Katana for someone with under 200 jumps that you have never met?

t
It's the year of the Pig.

OK, I know Shunkka personally, plus I've done more or less the same thing when I had more or less the same number of jumps, only used a friend's Impulse 150 for ~20 jumps before going to a 135 and my wl on that was higher (close to 1.6).

It is not a very good decision, but you've already taken it. The 135 will fly and turn faster and dive more, obviously. It will also kill you faster than the 150 if you fuck up, so please don't. You can probably land it standing up and close to the target without much problems under normal conditions, but that doesn't necessarily mean you can fly it or that it can't hurt you. Take time to learn how it behaves, dedicate whole jumps to canopy control, read, ask questions, always know that playing with these kind of toys is dangerous and please be safe!

I reccomendation is to read the titanium post about when people hurt themselves (around 200 jumps) and to search for allan tonkin in the forums and find out what happens if you really rush it and rethink your decisions as of right now.

(of course you may be the next Jeffro comign down the line if you decide to live through it all, but that will be if you survive your bounce)

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

first thanks for all ur reply`s
as i said in the previous post I`m NOT IN A HURRY to jump my new canopy... i`ll put more and more jumps on 150 till i`ll feel confortable with downsizing
i didnt say... i`m NOT into swoop, hook turns or agressive play with the canopy
some would ask than why a stileto and why 135?
because i jumped and really enjoyed to jump it (the 150) and this new canopy (the 135) is for the future and was a good deal
i really apreciate all ur answers negative or positive...

thanks again guys

PS. what`s up jerry? what about nocontrol? what about George?
still in venezuela?

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

I reccomendation is to read the titanium post about when people hurt themselves (around 200 jumps) and to search for allan tonkin in the forums and find out what happens if you really rush it and rethink your decisions as of right now.

I broke my back at about 300 jumps. Similar size and design of parachute. Just throwin that out there.

Cheers,
Travis

no i recomend a sabre or a pilot for now

i was pointing out that one day if he is ready for a katana his stileto time will help him deal with other canopies.

i recomend he fly a sabre safire or pilot right now and get rid of the stileto. the turn slower, they are safer and can be swooped longer then a stileto at least inmy hands.

so i think this poster should fly a canopy where he can start on and be a great begining swoop canopy one day.

i think the stileto isnt that canopy ( a bit of behind of times )