skydivexxl

NorCal CPC Results

The first meet of the 2006 NorCal Canopy Piloting Circuit is complete. Thanks to all who came out and competed. The weather agreed all day... even the wind (mostly) and the comp went off without any major issues.

A bunch of folks chipped in and helped us get this event off. Thanks to the judges. Dave, Tom, Mark, Vic, and Ryan. Thanks to Sandi, Connie and Farrah at manifest, and everyone else who helped out. Also, thanks to Steve for taking the Salmon award off my hands before the pond dries out for the season!

Meet 2 will be at Skydance in Davis on 4/29.

Oh, yeah... here are the results!

FINAL STANDINGS

1 Adam Teeling
2 Thom Van Os
3 Steve Sanderson
4 Rob Pooley
5 Evan Mortimore
6 Andy De Mars
7 Chris de Bar
8 Ryan Arnold
9 Connie Krusi
10 Rory Lampert
11 Iwan Van Der Schoor

Blog Clicky

I have plenty of photos also of the CPC ... but I took about 600 photos so it will be a while of sifting out the good ones to post for everyone to see. :)
I also have a complete slide by slide of the Super Duper Steve Dip! I picked out a great one to mat, and frame. it'll look great in the guest room. :D

Here's a little sample..Whoooopsie Daisy!! :)

Damn sea level! :P

don't blame it on that, blame it on that tuna boat your flying.:P

I'd be flying an 87 too... If I was built like an 8 year old girl, just like you!:o:P

that's just wrong dude,

I deem you "tuna boat captain"!B|

Here's a little sample..Whoooopsie Daisy!!

Watch out for those rear riser stalls. They can be abrupt under especially while making a turn. This jumper is lucky his stall happened over water. Mine last September was over hard ground and it hurt. :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Well, it wasn't really a stall, it was more like...a pimp-slap from the pond. At that point his canopy was just a big air brake, it happened so fast he didn't even have time to take his hands off of his risers.

It was pretty harmless...this time :>
-R

Here's a little sample..Whoooopsie Daisy!!

Watch out for those rear riser stalls. They can be abrupt under especially while making a turn. This jumper is lucky his stall happened over water. Mine last September was over hard ground and it hurt. :S

You be the king and I'll overthrow your government. --KRS-ONE

Rob,
Kudos to your friends for the stills and videos, much thanks for letting me dub the stuff too. I'd love some of the high-res ones of me. Catch ya at the next event ;>

-Rory

You be the king and I'll overthrow your government. --KRS-ONE

Yeah, Josh and Heather really did a nice job with the video and photos. Andy really owes Heather; without that video he wouldn't have gotten that great speed score. I think Josh will be coming with me to Davis for the next event so we should get more great shots there too. Maybe we should all chip in get him a few jump tickets or something.
Rory, I will bring a photo CD for you to Davis. Unless you want them sooner then e-mail me and I will mail it to you.

Oh! BTW!! .. check it! :D:D

:) ... okay, I'm gonna get busy trashing the ones that make you look like you have a bad attitude. :D:P

don't hate.. congratulate.. :P

He.. at least I didn't "barely" lose the competition.. I FREAKING lost.. ha ha.. finished last..

Now show me the photos :P

I finished 32 out of 34 at my first competition and lets just say the other 31 competitors were Eons ahead :D. Doesn't mean anything other than you've taken your first step :)
See you on the circuit.

Blues,
Ian
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

I finished 32 out of 34 at my first competition and lets just say the other 31 competitors were Eons ahead :D. Doesn't mean anything other than you've taken your first step :)
See you on the circuit.

Blues,
Ian

Well that just proves that there is hope for me still.. :P ha ha

I was the only one on a non-crossbraced in this one, and I was pretty happy with my personal performance. No one else with a regular 9 cell wanted to compete..