Foursprouts

Downsize or eliptical?

You should check out that (raw) video form CO CPC on this forum to see what some people can do with a Sabre 2! :) Now THAT guy is a great pilot, getting the most out of his wing!

I especially like the part where he gets a red flag! Tried a little too hard. Looks good for a Sabre 135 though.

Sorry. That came off sounding harsh. Didnt mean it as an insult. This is the perfect example as to how its possible to swoop the hell out of canopies you don't traditionally think of as swoop monsters. Even more of a reason to stay on a more forgiving canopy until you are ready.

I load my Sabre2 97 at 1.8 and you better bet your ass I swoop the piss out of it.

Been a lot of focus on the Sabre 2. Are there any other canopies that has the same performance as a Sabre 2? I feel that this thread as been a free ad for PD :D..lucky bastards

And if someone could enlighten me on this: How does the sabre 2 behave during frontriser/hookturn approaches? I was told by some guys at my DZ that is was "wobbeling" or "wiggelig". I didn't get to try it my self when demoing a S2 190 :(

If I'm going off topic, pleas PM me, so the thread doesn't spinn off :)
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

I load my Sabre2 97 at 1.8 and you better bet your ass I swoop the piss out of it.

Been a lot of focus on the Sabre 2. Are there any other canopies that has the same performance as a Sabre 2? I feel that this thread as been a free ad for PD :D..lucky bastards

And if someone could enlighten me on this: How does the sabre 2 behave during frontriser/hookturn approaches? I was told by some guys at my DZ that is was "wobbeling" or "wiggelig". I didn't get to try it my self when demoing a S2 190 :(

If I'm going off topic, pleas PM me, so the thread doesn't spinn off :)

wobbling or wiggling usually comes from too short brake lines or a canopy that is pretty out of trim

I had a lot of fun under my sabre 2's

if you want somethign similar try a safire I have heard great things about the safire 2's but have only jumped the safire 1's

Cheers

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

I have read alot of posts from people stating that the stiletto isn't a good choice of canopy, that there are many better choices now, but I never hear the reasoning behind it. Could someone please explain this in better detail.
Please don't tell me to "go talk with my instructors" since they are on the other side of the world thanks to this god damn war right now.
I just am................

I have read alot of posts from people stating that the stiletto isn't a good choice of canopy, that there are many better choices now, but I never hear the reasoning behind it. Could someone please explain this in better detail.
Please don't tell me to "go talk with my instructors" since they are on the other side of the world thanks to this god damn war right now.

there is nothing wrong with the stilletto.

if you want a canopy for competitive swooping then the stilletto is not a good choice. a stilletto is a canopy for somone with more than 750 jumps who just wants a good swooping canopy, because they like the fun of it. somone who is doing mostly 90 degree turns and plans on staying with that, might like the stilletto also.

The Stiletto is no longer the choice in swooping progression due to it's recovery arc. It is very short compared to many other choices out there..

Does that make the Stiletto a bad canopy? HELL NO! It is a really good canopy that is WAY fun to fly.. I love jumping them, but for swooping, I prefer the Sabre2

Stay with what you have for at least 200 more jumps, then entertain the idea of a semi-elipitical canopy.

A semi-eliptical canopy like... maybe the Spectre he is jumping now? Just cos it has 7 cells... ;)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

And loaded up well the stilletto is almost as responsive as a Blade. The recovery arc is short but damn it turns fast. Not great for swooping but fun as hell to fly!
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos