ntacfreefly

Colorado GoFast and CPC Video

I threw together something short over the last few days and uploaded it to skydiving movies. Thanks to Nick for supplying the footage.

Some good swoops, some carnage and always good times :)
Link here

Enjoy!

Blues,
Ian
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

I plan on posting up the entire CPC meet (at least all the video I have) which will include all approaches filmed as well as landings.

It won't be edited or anything (other than cleaned up) and will be a large download but for those interested in watching and listening to the comp it should be an interesting watch.

Glad you are all enjoying the vid so far.

Blues.

I'm busy compressing the raw footage of the CPC competition (no freestyle or pro stuff) right now. It's a little over an hr long and I would imagine quite boring to those not interested in competition swooping. For those that are interested it shows as much of the swoop as was video'ed, along with Jim Slatons commentary (which he did a spectacular job at btw) for audio.

I will upload it to skydivingmovies tonight and keep it in 1 file if I can keep the size of the file down, otherwise I'll split it into 3 (a file for each event).

Blues.

Thanks for the raw footage video Ian, this is great and just what the doctor ordered. We can finally see what went on that day without resorting to memory. I'm still having some downloading issues (I've only been able to watch the distance events) but one thing comes to mind while watching this raw footage and it just backs up my memory from the event. The thing that comes to my mind is, dang there were a lot of good canopy pilots at that event. Sure the best of the best were better than everyone else. But even the people who finished at the back of the pack were flying well. It just goes to show that there is plenty of talent all over the place and things should only get better in the years to come.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

But even the people who finished at the back of the pack were flying well.

Agreed. I think almost anyone can look at that video and see how close it all was.

Video is now also accessible on PD's site

Congrats ... it's a great video and nice to see it being promoted by PD.

On a different note, has anyone noticed that PDs got a video of Jay's world distance record except that this video is from a previous attempt (I guess SDC) as it's not from Colorado even though they mention his CO distance right next to the video. Oops!!! I guess even PD can make a mistake.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over