flyer299

Is Psycho Pack the way to go???

I've been having very hard openings with my sabre 170.

Opening are about slider placement.

I just there there is more control with the psycho pack and that means better packing job especially for a newbie like me. and for a canopy like the sabre I.

Sure.... I have tried with a brand new canopy. I was dead both ways. If you can not fold than most likely you can not roll either.

. When I was packing at my DZ people were making fun of me...

No sh1t. Packing is a religion and you are an extremist minority. ;)

No sh1t. Packing is a religion and you are an extremist minority.

Packing is 95% voodoo mumbojumbo.

Do as much or as little as you're comfortable with, and if it's in the bag it's good to go.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

My questions is, what is the down side? I've read a lot about the reason to do it. Is there someone who won't Psycho Pack, and why?

If the canopy is small for the bag you can make a long, hard tube shape that tends to catch in the corners of the main pack tray and cause line twists if one end pops out before the other where the bulk of a pro-pack would be uniformly distributed and less snaggy.

Otherwise there's no problem.

I have been packing just like you do in the video and has worked great!

It's funny when I get the chute in the bag it looks like there is so much to get still get in... But I use a pull up cord to get the rubber band through and it pulls together really nice.
I also make sure my slider is still in place before closing.
I think the technique of when wrapping the tail around and holding the end while you lay it on the floor helps keep the bundle together. This is important for my Sabre 1. I think that if I were to just lay it down and lie on top the nose gets unrolled... and then I have bad openings...

Thank you for the wonderful video and advice!

I love to Psycho pack but only when I had my canopies new. The way the bridle come out of the side would lead one to infer that you will have a 180 or more upon opening. the bridle comes out of the side of the pack job and if pulled str8 out the canopy would have the same # of twist as you rolled it. You roll it up one way and the pressure goes the other. this makes the packing easy and the opening unpredictable at best. My Nitron didnt do to bad with it ( no more then a line twist or 2). Some of my best openings are with the psycho pack and some of my worst. Just be carefull if your canopy doesnt like it stop doing it.