SkydiveNFlorida

Katana -vs- Velocity

1.The NEOS is ground hungry as hell.
2.A friend of mine already got one long time ago (one of the first to get one, full sponsoring as far as I know) and two or even three times he had to stop working (means jumping) for several days due to hard openings. Now he´s almost not using the canopy anymore and does his working jumps on his crossfire canopies...

2.A friend of mine already got one long time ago (one of the first to get one, full sponsoring as far as I know) and two or even three times he had to stop working (means jumping) for several days due to hard openings. Now he´s almost not using the canopy anymore and does his working jumps on his crossfire canopies...

My Neos has even better openings than my Crossfire. It's a "recent" one done in july06. Maybe the 1st ones didn't have everything good on them.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

is there any one out there that has flown one of these GLS XFs? i am interested in this canopy, but don't know anything about it. sounds sweet, but i know nothing about it. i would be looking for experience with a 119 to 109 some where in there, 1.7 - 1.9. it is pretty steep at $2200, but if it flys awesome...

thanks for the help.

I loaded my Katana 107 right at 2.0 and the low end was horrible. When I finally jumped a Velo 103 and could not have been happier. The low end went forever less running. In my experience the openings on the Velo were MUCH better and more consistant. I immedately ordered the Velo and have about 40 jumps on it and could not be happier. Front riser pressure on it much heavier but to me a much better wing at my loading.