brokky

neptune swoop upgrade

So the winds have dropped then!! I was there for long weekend, but only did 3 on Friday before wind came in. I'm using Neptune swoop mode, and think it's awesome, I set it for 1,000, 750 and 500 to do a 180 on my Katana at about 1.6.
I know if I start the turn on the last beep I can be really slow and carvy in the turn, and if I leave it up to 3 seconds after the last beep I can whip it round a bit faster and still not be low. I think this is a great enhancement to the Neptune, and if used properley (i.e. as an aid to altitude awareness) will help many become better, safer swoopers.

thanks for the info Bruno, and thanks for the footage for Yves movie (at least I can see myself in the film :P)

Gotta buy a Neptune, an gotta go back to Empuria and take some new canopy control courses....
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Does this upgrade affect previous functionality? I mean, will it still do the 3 warnings during freefall and then do another 3 under canopy? Or will it work one way or the other but not both?

~Chivo

You can have either, or both.

I tried using the alarms on my hand-mounted alti, unfortunately it's too difficult to hear (I wear a helmet). Can't have everything :S:D

ciel bleu,
Saskia

If they have problems with their units have them contact Alti2 and they will fix the units. Alti2 has been very good about taking care of those who have had issues with their products,often times for free.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I think this is a great enhancement to the Neptune, and if used properley (i.e. as an aid to altitude awareness) will help many become better, safer swoopers.

And I think it's device dependancey in the making. Cool, when we cart people off the feild we can ask them "dija hear the beeps?":S
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I was kinda trying to make the same point as you, probably didn't word it correctly.
Everyone should understand that electronic devices can fail and should be responsible for their own altitude awareness. If they don't accept this then they shouldn't use it for swooping