Dan

I might get a wingsuit!!

So whats the crack with wingsuits? Are they a gimmick or is it worth laying out 650 quid for? Will I get enough use out of it? I quite fancy the idea but I'm not 100%, do I need a new rig to go with it? Help me out!!!!!
Rock on brothers
Dan.

It's quite simple: wingsuits rock! And yes, they're worth the money but you don't need to spend £650, I got mine direct from Birdman for about £460 - and there are a few second hand suits around in the uk.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Umm, thinking out of the box here, but I would try the wingsuit forum.
Any chance you can try before you buy, kinda thing?
Or are you you a strange shape or something....
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Umm, thinking out of the box here, but I would try the wingsuit forum.

You crazy scotch folk with your talk of 'wingsuit forums' and such like. Is there a 'women only' forum too, LOL!

...buggar.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Went to Andy Fords wingsuit festival at Weston in July. My girlfriend was very keen to learn, had 460 jumps, smiled sweetly and was given a definate no.

I think this is pretty general so you would be best to check it out before shelling out a load of cash on a suit. You also need a rig with a throwaway system (boc preferrably) and a docile main.

Pretty sure that the States is more relaxed on jump numbers - 300 I think but I'm sure someone over there will confirm or deny.

Great, go try one out. All the guys I met at Weston were very helpful and enthusiastic. Andy gave an excellent briefing to myself and the other newbies and there is a safety brief on birdman.com to read up on in the meantime.

You need a docile canopy though - I used my CRW Lightning! Staying perfectly stable during deployment, undoing zips & trying to get yor bootees off on an HP eliptical would be a nightmare.

It's quite simple: wingsuits rock! And yes, they're worth the money but you don't need to spend £650, I got mine direct from Birdman for about £460 - and there are a few second hand suits around in the uk.

I don´t know anything about wingsuits, only saw it one time on tv and it looked great.
Also I don´t know anything about communication-errors, but I think I just saw one. Maybe the first person is referring to $650, and the second to £460.

Just thought I noted that here, before someone gets dissapointed, by the price of the wingsuits.[:/]

later that day: Hmm after I looked at the profiles I know for sure I don´t know anything from communication-errors. Both meant £. :S

Heh, thats funny .