cobaltdan

crew with a cobalt 39 ?

I sent a bunch of canopies for testing out to the houston crew last week (eric butts, craig catfish stanly, brian moffet, & ramon)

included was a cobalt 39 (to be used in systems we are building under contract to the Department of Defense), and a biplane canopy (built for fun).

Just got back a tape of footage that is pretty mindblowing. for starters they jumped the biplane, nice deployment, looks too wierd flying.... but what really made me smile was eric under a comp cobalt 120 and catfish under a cobalt 39 doing 2 stacks ! the canopy is dead stable and producing so much lift that in partial brakes it can match a canopy 300% bigger in full flight. The video almost looks doctored as the 39 is about the size of a beach towel with a wingspan barely bigger than my height.

i was hoping to post pics but unfortunately the video is vhs and i can only frame grab digital video....

sincerely,

dan
atair aerodynamics
www.extremefly.com
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

I was out there, but only for saturday. I didn't see that stuff you were talking about, but I talked to Catfish and Moffet. Moffet had a pretty interesting landing that he biffed at the last second. There is film that I could get of it.

Did Fish land the 39?
What color was Eric's cobalt? I only filmed him on the Green one. Those guys are nuts!!!!!

dan,
i have an excellent video of catfish deploying the 26. i was behind him in the door as we did a train exit and he deployed the canopy in front of him. as my feet let go of him, the canopy didn't even fill up half my screen (it's a .43 lens as well). :)

Well seeing as though I was the one that shot the video I will get some pics up here as soon as I can. I'll try to have them up by monday. Its daddy weekend so I'm kinda caught up playing with my daughters.
Later,
Bryan

no, the canopy was not landed. i gave strict instructions not to try. the guys thought it was quite possible and i agree but i would want it jumped with our datalogger first to determine the degree of difficulty.

sincerely,

dan
atair aerodynamics
www.extremefly.com
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)