coconutmonkey

ASC swoop meet results

Just a quick note to say that the top three ASC/Team Method fall swoop meet results are as follows:

1st place: Hans Paulson
2nd place: T.J. Landgren (Precision Factory Pilot)
3rd place: Jay Moledski (P.D. Factory Pilot)

Hans ruled over the factory pilots, reinforcing the fact that he still has what it takes to get the job done, even without factory sponsorship.

As a sidenote, the video that Steve-O produced absolutely kicks ass. The man stayed up literally all night after the pro event putting it together so that the competitors could take it home with them.

Another side note: every single competitor went in the pond at least once during the meet. The video shows every bit of it. Temperatures at ASC were "brisk" to say the least; the water temp was cold enough that more than one competitor packed his bags and left after hitting the water the first time.

Our own SkymonkeyONE finished tied for next to last (out of ten), getting vertical extensions in the two distance rounds, then chowing on one of the target rounds; lovely.

Our brother Ramon made a decent showing in the intermediate event, but hosed himself out of medal contention when he touched the water (not allowed) during the distance event. He had a blast, saying he learned a lot at the meet.

Jason Eames did the best out of the dropzone.com crowd, also showing some outstanding style on his chows! Double-footer to deadman!

Good night to all, and to all a good night.
Hearts & Minds
2 to the Heart-
1 to the Mind-
Home of the Coconut Lounge, Spa, & Artillery Range

Congratulations to winners ! What were their choice of canopies and wingloadings ?
I'd guess :
1st place: Hans Paulson - ?????
2nd place: T.J. Landgren (Precision Factory Pilot) - Xaos 27 ???
3rd place: Jay Moledski (P.D. Factory Pilot) - Velocity ??
http://www.ufufreefly.com

Our brother Ramon made a decent showing in the intermediate event, but hosed himself out of medal contention when he touched the water (not allowed) during the distance event. He had a blast, saying he learned a lot at the meet.

Good job Ramon! We expect you to bring home a medal next meet.

No pressure... ;)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Can you post the rest of the results? We know there were more than three people, how did the 4 through XX settle out?

Jim, I didn't personally commit them to memory, but I finished tied for 8th, which is to say "not last". It was a hard meet. We ran two of the events downwind, no, actually crosswind, and the setup was pretty nuts for those who had not jumped there. As for the results, I am sure that they will be posted in short order on the team method website: www.team-method.com.

Chuck

It was a hard meet! And the setups were anything but inviting; the setup for distance was especially difficult as you had to hook over a bunch of Cessnas and swoop down a hill. This surely worked out in the hometeam's favor.... I couldn't stay for the awards ceremony, but I think I was in the same boat as Chuck: "not last".

Chuck, thanks for the cocktails, and I wish I could have stuck around for more of the festivities!

I had a good time, despite the frigid temps. The comraderie, which really makes these meets worthwhile, regardless of outcome, was abundant as usual.

Jason

It was lots of fun watching the pros chow.

I think by the end of the day TJ had changed clothes so many times he was back to his original suit which had dried out somewhat since the begining of the competition.:D

ramon

"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

sure.

there are solid metal rings around the lines. they stay. the slider has a 4 draw strings that each pull a straight pin. this straight pin dislodges a nylon loop from attaching to the metal rings on the lines. the four strings all connect to one big string in the middle of the slider. He pulls the one big string and then all corners of the slider detach from the rings round the line groups.

of course the detacheable d-bag and pilot chut are attached to the slider also.

Jay stuffs it in the butt area of his pants after he retirieves it. looks pretty funny.

TJ stuffs:D:D it in the belly section of his jump suit (looks like he is going to have a baby).:D:D

"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

Actually, if you look at the video, you will see plenty of instances where Jay has his shit stowed in the front of his shirt making him look like a fat boy. The only person who jumped this setup the entire meet was Jay Moledski, but T.J. had some form of the same setup going also, later in the meet. You MUST check the video out, it is AWESOME.

I sucked completely at this meet, much to my chagrin. I did MUCH better at the spring meet, but who gives a shit. I am a 39 year old swoop lord and I did pretty damn good considering the conditions.

Anyway, I, as well as the other competitors, got to see what the sheeeewatay factory monkeys were up to. to wit: the PD boys jump tiny HMA on their competition mains, as well as the "freebag-attached to slider-removable combo" deal. I also saw some smacky-booty mods to Jays canopy which allowed him to rear-riser his canopy even when he was WAY too deep in the hole to pull it out otherwise; fascinating!

Like I said earlier, Hans kicked complete ass. I was proud to be a southerner.....

Chuck Blue
<><>swoop lord
Hearts & Minds
2 to the Heart-
1 to the Mind-
Home of the Coconut Lounge, Spa, & Artillery Range

Hehee yeah this meeet was entertaining to watch. Almost painful when the guys biffed knowing how damn cold it was.
Lucky me next weekend I get to do my live water training for my b-lic. in the very same pond!
I got to see the video thius past weekend and will agree that Steve-O did a nice job.

kwak
Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. Sometimes your the hammer sometimes your the nail. Question is Hun, Do you wanna get hammered or do you wanna get nailed?????