SkydiveMonkey

Pulling slider down

Wow - what a difference it makes !! Before I only collapsed it and undid the chest strap to the stop, but I pulled it down on all my jumps this weekend and could'nt believe the difference it makes - my "swoop" (only straight in) increased about 5 - 10 feet. B| Ordered some SLinks as soon as I got home (radpides suck for pulling sliders down :P)

Okay, dumb question to follow: What about your toggles when you pull the slider down farther on your risers? Or do you just pull the slider down to the top of the toggles when they are all the way up? Call me naiv'e. Thanks

I pull the slider down while the toggles are still stowed, steering with my rear risers or shifting in the harness, if I need too. Pull it straight down to the bottom of my risers, putting the slider behind my head, then loosening my chest strap, allowing my canopy to spread out, then I unstow my breaks.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I pull the slider down while the toggles are still stowed, steering with my rear risers or shifting in the harness, if I need too. Pull it straight down to the bottom of my risers, putting the slider behind my head, then loosening my chest strap, allowing my canopy to spread out, then I unstow my breaks.

Could this possibly cause any complication if you subsequently had to cuttaway?

Regards,

- Andrew Stewart

Having the slider behind my head? No, I don't see how or why it could cause a problem, its not attatched in anyway, nor is it really hooked under anything.

For most malfunctions, I would know long before I initiated any of these steps that I would need to cut away, thus I wouldn't do any of them, I would go to plan B.

Yes, I agree that for most malfunctions you would realize long before stowing your slider that you were going to have to cut away.

I was thinking more about a canopy collision that tore your main at say... 1200 foot AGL.

Could the slider (which you have stowed behind your head) be a snag hazard on your helmet/camera/whatever ?

- Andrew

Could the slider (which you have stowed behind your head) be a snag hazard on your helmet/camera/whatever ?

With my setup, doubtful, although I will admit there is a chance.

(current setup: Bonehead mindwarp, no helmet).

Makes a huge difference..

My crossfire2 doesn't fly worth a damn if I don't pull the slider down and loosen the chest strap. It feels very unstable. Pull the slider down and loosen the strap ands POP! That thing wants to turn and burn. Huge difference..

Be safe!

Rhino

"(current setup: Bonehead mindwarp, no helmet).
---------

Uh ? You propably meant Bonehead mindwarp, no camera ? "
--

Mebbe Dave meant no stetson...B|

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson