freebird

Did I do the right thing.

I was jumoing a sabre 150 for about 45 jumps and before that I had to jump a sabre 170 on my student jumps. I now have had 3 jumps on a Sabre 2 135 ( my canopy I just bought ) I have not had any big problems landing it ( like getting hurt ) but I do land on my butt , leg or knees. I land on everything but my feet;)
I just hope I made the right choice. I wanted something docile and something that could penetrate through a little wind. I am about 103lbs so I used to have to sit around alot on a slightly windy day under the 170 and 150.:S

If you come to SDHouston have me (I've been taking a lot of landing pictures) or Eric Butts (super swoopie cobalt dude) or another canopy person come watch.:)

I suspect slight nervousness and not completing the flare to be major culprits.:)
ramon
"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

Ok I know this will sound odd, but what length are your risers? Unfortunately us small chicks can't use those cute 18 inch risers, why you may ask? Well cause of our short arms. Due to the fact that we have short arms, it is harder for us to finish off the flare because well we can't reach down far enough. So we have to cheat in the other direction....risers. By jumping 20 inch risers you are basically giving yourself 2 inch longer arms. Which amazingly enough is pretty much all you need. For me anything longer than 20 inches and I have trouble reaching the slider, so it's a delicate balance between having a long enough flare stroke and being able to safely do slider house keeping.

Anyway check your riser length, they maybe to short.
Fly it like you stole it!

Kelli is correct; riser length makes a big difference in the "feel" and flare of your parachute. I jump very short risers, but don't need to flare all the way, so they are fine for me. The longer toggle stroke afforded by longer risers is fine, so long as you can reach that slider. Still, if you don't touch your slider, then even that doesn't matter.

Chuck