axe96bam

what do you fly?

That Spectre will treat you right. That is a very nice first canopy

It's also a very nice second, third, fourth canopy...
I fly a Spectre 170 loaded at 1.0-1.1 depending on if I'm wearing weights. My back can't take a hard opening or a bad landing; the Spectre at that wingloading is predictable and easy, which is why I recommend it to novices often.
pull and flare,
lisa

I really like it- Openings have been great, it's fun to fly and I've had the best landings with it. I haven't jumped alot of different canopies but I would definitely buy another spectre! The sabre2 does sound tasty, though-
Life begins at 14,000' - Shut up and jump!

i have about 300 jumps on my omega 120 (400+ total )and i am just now planning on going down in size take your time learn the canopy first before you go down in size!! small er does not always = better. this sports fast enough dont rush it!!!
if ya can't dodge it RAM IT !!!!!!

I agree 100% I'd have to buy a new container before I could downsize anyways- Sam is going to a 135 - one of his reasons for selling this rig- I plan on wearing this canopy right out before getting another! I'll be jumping as much and as often as I can afford this summer, too!
C-Ya!
Life begins at 14,000' - Shut up and jump!

Chromeboy, how many jumps did you have before you got the Spectre?

Approximately 50. I was jumping student gear before that and I believe they sequence was a Omega 250, Manta 225, Hornet 210, Sabre 190 then I bought my own.
I love the Spectre. Like Lisa said the openings are always soft and I have never had one open off heading. (Except for the spiral I had to cutaway from). I will keep this canopy probably forever because I can land it wherever I want to. Eventually I will get something smaller but that is a ways down the road.