mcrawford

Grommet removal

Might not be the Best way but I imagine you could pry the two halves apart on the flat side of the grommet. I am not talking prying the two halves apart from the sides, but on the backside. It would likely require a small flat screwdriver working a little at a time. Actually I just took this pic, see below...

DSC00203.jpg

Thanks, that is how I have been doing it. It just takes some time. I've heard that you can also take a dremel with a small cutting wheel and score the flat side then bent it out and remove. I haven't tried that but it sounds like it would work as long as you don't slip. Thanks again

Go to bomber manufacturings' home page
and look up SB1005 on grommet removal. I wrote this procedure for removing stainless steel size zero grommets on the Reflex. It will work on any rig and any size grommet. Properly done it will cause no damage. Hope this helps.
Mick Cottle.

Mick, just under the text box you type in there is a button labeled url. Click this before you type the address that you want to link to. The box will turn to /url. Click this box to end the hyperlink.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I preferr skymonkey's technique with a set of diagonal sidecutters and a skilled wrist.
Start cutting on the washer side. As soon as you have cut through the cylinder, shift to using the sidecutter blade to start levering up the edge of the washer. If you keep one blade under the outer edge and the other in the center, you can use the pliers movement to raise the edge of the washer.
Hint, when you do first cut on stainless steel grommets, lean one handle on the table and put all of your weight on the other handle.
Removing grommets is definitely an art form that takes hundreds of tries to master.