bbarnhouse

Shoulder straps

Okay all you rig experts I need help. I purchased a new Mirage and it kills my shoulders. Granted that I am rather slight in frame, but I have plenty of deltoid muscle.Can I add some kind of padding? Let me know what your thoughts are...
and leave out the smart remarks! :P~~~~~~~
cheers!
It only takes a little pixie dust......

Hey I had the exact same problem.
Just call or email Mirage, they will take care of it for you. When I sent mine in Jeff himself called me and I spent like 30-60 min on the phone with him discussing how it fit and where it pinched. 2 weeks to the day I sent it in I had it back, the whole backpad, the laterals, and the yoke were all replaced. They even threw in the new stainless legstrap hardware. It fits perfectly now. :)Actually I wouldn't be surprised if you get an email from them, someone else on here said they had the same kind of problem and within like 2 hrs someone from Mirage had contacted them.
There cusomter service is great

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if you get an email from them, someone else on here said they had the same kind of problem and within like 2 hrs someone from Mirage had contacted them

That is really cool. I'm not easily impressed with customer service, it takes a bit to impress me (I've worked in the service industry for about 6 years total and understand :)"ahhhhoo...the little guy hasn't done anything yet and you know its going to be good..."

That was me that posted the same problem and within an hour had an e-mail from Mirage customer service asking me to send the rig with photos and new measurements.
The day Mirage received my rig Jeff (I think) called me and discussed the problem and solutions with me. Its being fixed as we type.
Im very impressed with Mirage's customer service. Give em a call!.
JC

Sounds like a harness fit problem that is best solved at the factory.
You did not specify whether it was uncomfortable on the front or tops of your shoulders.
Extra padding is a poor substitute for a decent fitting harness. If the harness geometry is perfect, you can get by without padding.

thanks Bob and you are correct, my harness in fact would fit better if it were about 1/4 inch shorter. It is on the top of the shoulders in front (clavical area) and always leaves me with aching traps as well.
Thanks to all that have responded.
Cheers
It only takes a little pixie dust......

Lets praise thoes manufactures who deserve it. There are a few who stand out like L&B (protrack), and Mirage to mention two. I always leave a review in the gear section when something like this happens. It might have some affect on the other manufactures. In the very least, it will indicate to others in our skydiving family that certain companies are "top notch"!!

Kent... Different Bills. Bill Booth is the owner of the Relative Workshop. Makers of the Vectors. Bill Haloth (sp?) is involved with Mirage. Both are great knowledge bases. You might reconize Bill Booth from the Vector Tandem waivier video or Cutaway. (Hes the guy with the beard)
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend... ~3EB