Emmie

Hornet after student gear

Good luck on the purchase from SA. I have been waiting over a month for them to confirm a price for me on 2 new rigs. The last e-mail from them said prices were changing and they would get back to me. That was three weeks ago. The quotes on shipping prices for a rig have changed on every e-mail! I decided to keep my money at home and support American business.
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...

Jason,
I wonder if everyone thinks we are ratfinko, communist, bastards, now. Lisa treated me so fairly (when I bought my container) that I do feel pretty guilty trading elsewhere. I guess I'm just a cheap-skate at heart. Have you heard anything yet about import duties? I'm still looking into this part of it. Steve

I dont feel like a trader......I even asked my DZO (whom I bought all my gear from) and he said go for it and that he couldnt beat that price and then he asked for the web site because hes looking for some tempos. The way I see it you gotta do what ya gotta do. I'm not screwing anyone outa anything and everythings logit so there should be no hard feelings from anyone!!!:)Read my post on the talkback section "The wait I've heard so much about" and that is all I know so far !!
jason VIVA LA HORNET!!!!!

I had a (very experienced) rigger tell me that the Vortex rig is an absolute b*tch to (reserve)pack, but ofcourse YMMV.
Maybe this belongs in a separate thread, but I'll give it a go here anyways:
How important is the ease of reserve packing when you buy a rig?
I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything here, but what do the riggers out there think of this? Obviously an easy to pack reserve is nice, but are you taking additional risks when you have a container that is very peculiar about reserve packing?
:)Ramon :)