douggie

eyewear

Sunglasses really dont provide that much protection from the wind. The best form of eye wear is one that would be form fitting to the face while still allowing air to escape so the lens's dont fog over. Plus..... are you willing to lose those $150 Oakleys in freefall if the wind strips them off your face?
Flying on your belly is great..... if thats all you can do! ;)

Our camera guy -- looking real cool in his Oakley's, on the ride to altitude, with the door open stuck his head out -- came back in teh plane sans glasses. he was bummed (he also had no goggles for free fall) - his camera helmet kept the glasses on durng freefall, though. We all got a chuckle at his expense.

hi
yeah i was in the same predicament a while back....then i discovered a really cheep pair of sunglases in a store ....i think they cost around £2.....have done around 600 jumps with them.....i think the best plan is just to try loads of pairs and get the ones that fir the shape of your face ....the cheeper the better....then theres no worries when they flip off your face .....
flipper..

Shades might be OK for belly flying, but I think you'll have real problems keeping normal shades on your face if you're freeflying with open-face headwear - because of the much higher wind speed, and the air tends to get under the edges of the shades. It's never worked for me.
Then again, there are several types of goggles which are pretty cool and modelled on shades - Sorz, Blaze, Ultimate.
Geoff

I normally jump in sunglasses and keep them secure under my helmet with Croakies. I push the Croakies all the way up on the stems right before I put my open-face helmets on and have never had a problem. I normally wear Maui Jims with break-proof hinges. They make Ray Bans that are very similar. Both offer plenty of eye protection for me. When I wear my Factory Diver without the lens, though, I wear goggles over the top.
Chuck