ojf1982

Javelin Oddysey

Well, have you seen one, or at least seen them on the website? They are offered in some freaky/funky materials that you just don't see on other rigs...and that cut-in backpad that the Odyssey has is definitely cool. Well, at least in MY opinion.

I haven't jumped one, but I tried one on at the DZ when the Sunpath demo truck was there. They figured out which one would be the right size (closest, without being custom) and I strapped it on. It was damned comfortable and shifted around a lot less on my back. I won't get into the issue of hype vs. fact, but it was a nice rig. Since I just bought used newbie gear, I won't be buying an Odyssey any time soon.
Justin
Founder, Whuffo Conversion Team

I own one and absalutley love it. I had a javlin before, sold it and bought the Oddysey. It it by far the most comfortable and sleakest container I have ever jumped. The cut in back is not only very comfortable, it allows for almost no movement of the container while freeflying, which is I think what this container was made with the idea of. I love it and will always love it!

I bought an Odyssey for my first rig and its the poo!!
I bought a j4 cause Im in the 2 hundred club and i never felt a bigger rig that was this comfortable. Tried my friends mirage the other day and it was ok but no where near mine. get hip and chest rings and dont let anyone tell you they are useless.
Hip for flexibility and chest for harness geometry. A+

Not sure if the original poster knows, but a good place to review them would be in the "gear reviews" section of this website (imagine that! LOL!).
Anyway, I have a Javelin Odyssey in the very tiniest size (RS). It absolutely kicks ass. The rig just sticks to your back and does not wash around like other small rigs (or very wide rigs) tend to. Bridle protection is great, the riser flaps are very secure, and the fully articulated harness fits like a glove. There are other very nice harness and containers out there, but this is the one I went with after jumping Vectors for ten years. This new cut-in harness is the reason I switched.
Chuck

I just got my Odyssey and I do really like the rig. I have noticed a couple of things that may be particular to my rig that I don't like.
1. The riser tuck tabs are starting to curl up near the back of the tuck slot, like they didn't make the side material long enough.
2. The main pin flap isn't nearly as tight as some other Odysseys I've seen. You can pick up the entire rig by the main flap without it coming undone on most Odysseys.
I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but like I said... it may be the way my reserve is packed that is slightly deforming the rig, or it may be that mine just wasn't cut perfectly. But I DO love the rig. I would recommed it to anyone.