Pammi

Shared computers....

Note: This is Merrick not Pammi....

Being that we're married and still managing to live with each other (God save me:P), Pammi and I sometimes have problems logging on one right after the other. For instance, if she's been logged on, then logs off, and I log on right after her it appears to have accepted my login, but when I get to the forums or go into the forum settings it brings up her information. Don't know if it's a bug, or something on our end, but something's going on.

What OS is it? Depending on what it is, I can tell you how to set it up for differnet users. In Win 9x, it'll keep a different set of Cookies, which will fix your probs. :)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I had the same problem when I was on Lindsey's laptop last weekend. I'd log out, then log in as me, and I'd post as her. Her Caching was set to "Every Visit to the Page", even.

I didn't have the time to figure out what is going on, but i think the forum software is reading from a different cookie as the rest of the site.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

It appears that the cookie "gforum_sessionid_session" is not being properly cleared when a user logs out. Sessionid is, of course, a session key that varies between users.

Fix for Mozilla users (and possibly Netscape): Open Edit->Preferences. Select "Privacy & Security," then "Cookies". Click the "View Stored Cookies" button. Scroll down to the Dropzone.com cookies, select the "gforums_sessionid_session" cookie, then click on "Remove Cookies".

We're using WinME at home now, and we're on a dial-up ISP [:/] If I completely terminate the connection and log back on to the ISP it will work fine (I think), but it takes so damn long to connect. LOL I've tried removing just the dropzone cookie, then I removed all cache, cookies, and history... and it STILL didn't work. Any other ideas?

Does WinMe have a log in prompt when you windoze first loads? If so, are both of you using the same user name or are just hitting cancel? Using different user names keeps a different set of cookies. If you don't get the prompt I can tell you how to get the prompt, but you may not like it, since you'll have to disconnect, log out, log back in with a different name and reconnect. Although that is probably the most reliable way to make Win9x (95, 98 and Me) use a different set of cookies (among other things).

You could always try yelling at the computer. It may or maynot work, but it'll probably make you feel better.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

"since you'll have to disconnect, log out, log back in with a different name and reconnect."

Yeah, I know how to set all that crap up, but that's what I was trying to avoid, it literally takes about 10 minutes for this damn thing to connect to the ISP 75% of the time. And, other than this problem, we really don't need to set up separate users.

"Delete the cookies then restart the browser. That’s what it took for me to use multiple accounts."

I've tried that too, and while leaving the connection up it doesn't work.... if I do that, log the connection back off, then back on it will work... but notice the aforementioned "pain in the ass!" LOL

Blues!

Merrick

ok I had this problem when Derek moved here. We only have 1 phone line so if it was connected to his computer I couldn't post. So I found the actual cookie and deleted it

What I did was a search files *dropzone* it will come up as you computer [email protected]. (ie. [email protected] or [email protected].) Delete all of them then log in. Works for me anyway. I think the problem might be that the new version saves the cookie in a different place than the old version. Cause on this computer I have one in C:\WINNT\Cookies (7\5\2002) and one in C:\Documents and Settings\spell.kelli\Cookies.(7\13\2002)
Fly it like you stole it!

This is Chuck, not Josh....LOL!
I tried all the other stuff that was listed in this thread, but just can't seem to get it to work either. I have RoadRunner here at the house and have tried shutting down the browser, openining it separately in AOL (as a buffer I thought), and erasing all my cookies. I got it to work once last night, but it's driving me nuts. There are actually three of us here in the house that have dropzone logons, so I need to work this out.
Chuck Blue

I haven't tried these since I'm the only one using my computers, but they could work:

Option one:

Download and install Netscape Navigator(www.netscape.com)
As I recall, Netscape has a built in user-account manager.

Option two:

Download and install Opera (www.opera.com) and follow the instructions at:
http://www.opera.com/support/supsearch/supsearch.cgi?index=438

This way you would have separate user accounts, which hopefully will keep separate cookies as well.

Erno

I've tested this and it seems to be working fine now. Only requirement is that you close all your browser windows (and open it again) before you log in as the new user. (on IE anyway...)

Let me know if anyone's still having problems with this.
Safe swoops
Sangiro