cpoxon

Profile addition for those who've passed away

I'd like to see something in the profile if that member has died. A lot of people on here, especially the newer ones, may not be aware of the history and that a member is no longer with us. It would be a small way of remembering them. Perhaps there could be an additional icon in their profile, perhaps a memorial ribbon, some blue sky or perhaps borrowing from our sub-aqua friends, the "diver down" flag.

Any thoughts?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

maybe a sunset over the clouds or a sunset track over clouds ... somethign that would express the love of sky and not just plain death ... Bones & skull just don't appeal to me:(

Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

maybe a sunset over the clouds or a sunset track over clouds ... something that would express the love of sky and not just plain death

True enough. So maybe there could be some way to pre-pick what would be placed over/around/next to your posts if you went in... kinda like a DZ.com "living Will"???

... Bones & skull just don't appeal to me

I'd be okay with a skull and bones placed over my avatar afterwards if I went in, but then again, I don't have a problem with the "black death" aspect of this sport... its not like I want to die anytime soon and I'd rather not go doing this, but its part of the reality of skydiving, so, I guess that's why I wouldn't have a problem with the skull and bones thing, kinda like one last act of defiance / flip off the reaper one more time... :ph34r:

... but also there is the fact you just can't live to get radical in skydiving, if you do, you'll never get the spiritual aspect of jumping. :)

Instead of a watermark over the avitar is there something else that would be acceptible? Watermarking involves having graphic modification tools or scripts on the server and I don't know if Sangiro wants to do that. How about something like a little black ribbon next to their name where the stars for Premiere memebers are?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Good suggestions! I like the way you talk :)
The thing that I'm woried about are trolls. I see a lot of people (even at my work place) that are infatuated with death&accidents.

I don't want a life to be minimized to entertainment material for unbalanced people which even karma choose to avoid!

Whatever would be: sunset track or BSBD or skulls&bones with a reserve ripcoord it should be visible only for registered members.
I wouldn't want trolls to digg personal posts of a someone that had a lot more ballanced and courage in his/her life than all of those Herd Puppets put together.

Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

I just wanted to post some proposal for that, and fortunately read this, so the discussion was already about that. Is there any outcome yet?
Recently I realized going through the Incident forum that some of the people passed away, and I didn't know about this as there is no indication in their profile or the short profile displayed next to the message field.
I think there should be something as for instance there are more people who do not frequently read the Incident forum.
You can even see that PM field is still active next to the nickname.
the watermark, black stripe going diagonally across the picture or for example #nickname# should be use to indicate that the person is not longer with us.
Also a huge educational value this will present as people visiting the forum will tend to find out what happened, and in the case of an incident they could be linked to the tread related to it.
just my thoughts
Janusz
Back to Poland... back home.

Whatever would be: sunset track or BSBD or skulls&bones with a reserve ripcoord it should be visible only for registered members.
I wouldn't want trolls to digg personal posts of a someone that had a lot more ballanced and courage in his/her life than all of those Herd Puppets put together.

You do know it's very simple and easy to register for this site and many others. I'm sure there are a number of people that have registered to just read and don't even skydive. Oh, and shock of all shock, I'm sure there are some that are "weirdos" and "trolls".

Bottom line, you can't keep this site private.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

My view on this subject has changed.

I don't think anything should be done. It should be left just they way they left it.

If the family wishes it changed, I'm sure that Sangiro and the other mods would have no problem changing it. But if the family wants it to stay they way their loved one left it, so be it.