Martini

Chute Shop

Why, in the "Gear" section, under "Main and Reserve Canopies", is the manufacturer Chute Shop omitted? They make or have made canopies including Hurricane, Bladerunner, Predator, ZP, ZPexe and Decelerator Reserve. They also make a container called the Vortex. Although Chute Shop canopies are not widely popular in the US they seem to be well made, well liked and inexpensive. Maybe so inexpensive that other manufacturers would like to see them go away. At any rate they don't deserve to be ignored.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Sangiro (the guy that runs the site) needs to prepare synopses and photos of all of the gear. If he isn't aware of it's existence, then he can't put it up. Probably the fastest way to get this info up would be to PM or email Sangiro with a list of the gear and links to the manufacturer's website.

Chute Shop, amazingly, has never had a website. As for compiling all the photos and data needed to list in the "gear" section I think that I'll email Chute Shop and let them provide info to Sangiro. Something tells me that they won't though if they don't even want to be bothered with a website. Funny way to do business but maybe they prefer to remain a small player.

Interesting website. too bad it's in Norwegian except for the english "references". I've tried to come up with a current english website for Chute Shop and haven't been able. The one you link appears to be a distributor in Norway. It seems logical that all the info there should be available in english. I seem to recall that the "Vortex" container is TSO'd and also the Decellerator reserve so maybe Chute Shop is trying to ramp up US sales. Also Ralph Hatley in Oregon had several "ZP" canopies a few years ago for sale. I think they were demos from Quincy.

Thanks, Sangiro, for including another canopy and container mfg. to the gear section. As it happens my opinion of Chute Shop has gone waaaaaay downhill since I posted. I'm planning to dis them bigtime in the gear section but will refrain if I'm told that Parachute Systems is not owned and operated by the same inconsiderate, unresponsive, careless bunch of idiot jerks that ran Chute Shop.

Thanks, Sangiro, for including another canopy and container mfg. to the gear section. As it happens my opinion of Chute Shop has gone waaaaaay downhill since I posted. I'm planning to dis them bigtime in the gear section but will refrain if I'm told that Parachute Systems is not owned and operated by the same inconsiderate, unresponsive, careless bunch of idiot jerks that ran Chute Shop.

Hey - feel free to write a citical review but be sure to substantiate your claims. Any unsubstantiated negative feedback will be seen as "bashing" and I will not approve your review. Good constructive feedback (positive or negative) is welcome though
Safe swoops
Sangiro