freekflyguy

Tandem Rodeo

I saw this posted on Facebook, and wondered what people think about it.

Personally I think it's one of the single most dangerous and stupid things I have ever seen done with a tandem. Even if all parties concerned are experienced skydivers, I cannot see how this could be done without removing the possibility of the closing pin being dislodged.

[email]
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

stratostar

That is not a rodeo FYI it's a barbers pole. Also see safety & training for current thread on the topic.

Thanks for educating me Stratostar, it's still fxxxxxg stupid though.

Mods please lock this thread.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

it never ceases to maze me that - despite of knowing the possible disastrous outcomes - "TI"'s are still pulling this ridiculously stupid stunt....

and: I keep wondering what kind of penalty one would have to come up with to stop this from happening over and over again >:(

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

A good question. Big smiling face that clearly identifies the TI. Standing by to see what USPA action is taken. If this doesn't qualify for revocation of the rating, what does? DOes it qualify for revocation if it results in a fatality? If so, what is the difference-- same danger, just different outcome?
Charlie Gittins, 540-327-2208
AFF-I, Sigma TI, IAD-I
MEI, CFI-I, Senior Rigger
Former DZO, Blue Ridge Skydiving Adventures

You may ask, but stupid transcends territorial boundaries. If it was in Eastern Europe, it was stupid. If it was in West Africa, it was stupid. If it was in Egypt it was stupid. If the TI was rated by USPA, it should not matter where it occurred. Period. If you are a TI and don't see that, you should turn in your rating card because you have a serious judgment issue.
Charlie Gittins, 540-327-2208
AFF-I, Sigma TI, IAD-I
MEI, CFI-I, Senior Rigger
Former DZO, Blue Ridge Skydiving Adventures

Puling ratings works only in environment where the possession of a rating is a) controlled by some official body (that doesn't even work in the U.S. with the USPA as governing body for skydivers.....) b) vital for working as a TI c) more than a piece of paper that you show once and then never again.
How to handle the problem in a professional way? DZO's should step up and ban the "TI" in question. IF they are not involved in allowing and encouraging such behaviour in the first place..... :|

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

fencebuster

You may ask, but stupid transcends territorial boundaries. If it was in Eastern Europe, it was stupid. If it was in West Africa, it was stupid. If it was in Egypt it was stupid. If the TI was rated by USPA, it should not matter where it occurred. Period. If you are a TI and don't see that, you should turn in your rating card because you have a serious judgment issue.

Exactly how is this different then any other hybrid, or rodeo, CRW, or a myriad of other different stunts skydivers do? You sound ridiculous. You're a a relatively newb instructor ass kissing on dorkzone.com to make yourself sound knowledgable. More dangerous, are newbie instructors like you taking up students. You have no ability to think for yourself. You just regurgitate the bulkshit on here hoping Dave Lepka or Bill Vonn will pat you on the ass. , You don't know what the fuck you're talking about and you should hand in your ratings because you can't fix stupid.