rtroup

New York tunnel needs our help

If I were a condo owner and someone wanted to build a tunnel beside me I would oppose it as well. Tunnels are very noisy and need to be built away from where people live.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

There are industrial areas in NY. That's where a tunnel should be built as far as I'm concerned. Noisy compared to quiet. There may be magical modern technology that I don't know about, but any tunnel I've been outside of has been not what I would want to live beside.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

There are industrial areas in NY. That's where a tunnel should be built as far as I'm concerned. Noisy compared to quiet. There may be magical modern technology that I don't know about, but any tunnel I've been outside of has been not what I would want to live beside.

The ambient sound level of residential neighborhoods in NYC is louder than SVNH...by a lot.

Want quiet, move to Canada. ;)

Only Perris and Eloy. I Googled that proposed tunnel. The newspaper story about it says they are proposing a 10 am to 10 pm operation. It doesn't mention noise, but I'd guess it's a factor. Are other tunnels located in residential neighborhoods?

gowlerk

Only Perris and Eloy. I Googled that proposed tunnel. The newspaper story about it says they are proposing a 10 am to 10 pm operation. It doesn't mention noise, but I'd guess it's a factor. Are other tunnels located in residential neighborhoods?

Classic dz.com. Speaking an opinion without education on the matter.

All of the Recirculating designs are leaps and bounds quieter than those old designs. The difference is like a Harley with no baffles compared to a 10 speed bike in terms of the noise generated.

Go to a new design and see for your self.

Virgina Beach had the same complaints and they proved the noise coming off a running tunnel was less than the background noise of where they were building their tunnel.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com