jtfreefly

Reasonable cost expected for 1 hr coached in tunnel

I've had estimates from $150-350 per hour for the coaching fees and then the tunnel time on top of that depending on what I was looking to get coaching on. Are you looking for 1 on 1 coaching, team coaching, RW/Freefly or what are your goals? All of this comes into play in determining the coach you will want and their cost.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I've had estimates from $150-350 per hour for the coaching fees and then the tunnel time on top of that depending on what I was looking to get coaching on. Are you looking for 1 on 1 coaching, team coaching, RW/Freefly or what are your goals? All of this comes into play in determining the coach you will want and their cost.

My rate are lower, but judging by his user name I can't help him, I only now RW and "Freeflail":D

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Negotiate it specifically with the coach from a wind tunnel. In the end, the combined cost is all you are worried about and if you arrange coached time with a coach that is able to negotiate the tunnel price directly with his employers, you might end up with a win-win for both student and coach.

This might also work with coaches that don't work at a tunnel. But I'd try to work it by focusing on the important part first - finding a very good coach you resonate with, and then work together to see what you can arrange.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Trying to get ideas for some reasonably priced tunnel time with a coach, any info is appreciated.

:)

This depends on your tunnel skills. You can go to Denver and get 1 hour of tunnel time including the coaching at the beginner to intermediate level for $800. Once you start getting on your head you're going to pay another $75 or so for more experienced coaches.

If you are in the area of a tunnel and can be there every week then check into a "league". Several of us block out an hour a week with a coach. We each get about 6 minutes in 1-1/2 min increments during that hour. That way you can rest, watch yourself on video delay and then make adjustments on your next flight. Helps keep it a bit more affordable and in some cases you get the same coach every week if that is what you want. I know it doesn't sound like much but you will be surprised how quickly you will improve with consistant coaching.
We even have a competitive 4-way team during our hour and they combine their time to do all kinds of drills during their slot. Fun to watch.