kbuesching

Fun Under Canopy

As I posted quite a while ago in this same thread, we used to collapse our chutes all the time just for shits and grins. We all started doing this after seeing it done in the Wally Gubbins video. I have held both toggles down on a sabre 135, stalled my canopy, and rode it for up to 2,000 feet with no ill effects. It spins you around and shakes you, but you are not quite at "baglock" speed. Letting the toggles back up evenly let the canopy just open back up. I never, ever had to chop because of anything I could do with my toggles.
Chuck

Shameless Plug:
SkyMonkeyOne is a VERY experienced canopy pilot.
Good advice, Chuck! Even my old tired carcass continues to learn what my canopy will do. You have to experiment with each one, cause they are all different . . . sometimes even the same make/model! Throw in variable weather conditions and you have a plethora of experiments at your beck and call!
You have a lot more time under ellipticals than I do, but still I respect them as a different animal.
Hi to your lady for me!
"The oxen are slow, but the Earth is patient."
Respectfully,
SP