hparrish

Wind Tunnel Addict

Man I love the wind tunnel. What an excellent tool for training. I have about 8 hours in the tunnel now and am just starting to leave the net in HD, and it's as exciting as my first 4 Way round 5 yrs ago.

I cant get enough of this thing. I mean in 1 hour I can fly a 30 minute block at 2 1/2 minute intervals and just work out all the bugs and bad habits I've learned in freeflying over the past 10 years. Talk about efficiency. So in 30 minutes of flight time I'm getting about 40 jumps of experience, and hey it takes AN HOUR of my time. I couldn't get 40 jumps in at the DZ in 4 days. I show up to the tunnel, I'm in and out in an hour and BAM I have another 40 jumps under my belt.

And with Jump tickets at $23 to $24 bucks and the wind tunnel at $12.50 per minute. I mean this thing is a no brainer. I think I'm going to make my skydives limited but high quality, you know VRW and Big way stuff, and just pound out time in the tunnel. Its cost effective, efficient, and whens the last time you could do a 3 1/2 minute freefall?

Im a Fricken Tunnel Addict.

Peace,

It was fun watching you make those first few forays off the net in HD. I was both excited and nervous, as it won't be long before I'm starting my head down progression.

You're right, though. Flying in the tunnel for fun and for correcting all the bad habits you taught me I learned freeflying in the sky truly is a no-brainer. :P

Cora and I are addicts right along with you. I'm glad we've been able to share time with you and watch as we all learn and grow.

Oh, and the staff at Paraclete XP are excellent! I learn quite a bit from them each time I'm there, flying or not.

Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Yeah if you make that more clear in your messages you leave in the middle of the night it would be good. I can't fly with my left leg forward and it's probably going to take way longer than 30 min to break that habit for me.

Quickly losing hair on my arms,

Justin

Tunnel time may be more cost effective if your just looking at air time, but it also has to eat through your yearly skydive budget way the hell quicker doesnt it? thats 6000$ you could burn through in no time.

I've definatly been attracted to going and doing a few tunnel trips and drop some hours in there, but 6000$ sounds an aweful lot to get a stable hd started.

He is getting more than just "stable HD", he is getting in shape, he is having fun, and he is working towards understanding how the body flys HD(instead of just flying HD), and is working towards flying "slot perfect" and will get a lot of time in the tunnel flying in vertical formations. Then later can split the time with 8 - 10 other flyer$.
All for the sport!:o

oh dont get me wrong, I think the tunnel is a great training tool. And I dont doubt that he's having a blast (why else would he spend all that money) I'm just talking about the 6000$ to just get off the net. I'm sure with another 6000$ he'll be flying hd circles around people, having a blast the whole while that he's doing it.

For a lot of people though, that first 6 - 10 grand might be an entire seasons skydive budget, and whith a tunnel you could spend it in weeks instead of months.

heh I'm probably just a bit jealous that some of you can pound out 8 hours of tunnel and then just keep going. That and hoping it would be less than 8 hours in a tunnel before starting hd

Yeah its expensive and all that, but worth it. I've been Freeflying for 10 yrs, and have never had the opportunity to work on skills like I can in the tunnel.

And yes it may be a whole seasons budget for skydiving, But after this tunnel progression I'll be ALLOT further ahead than if I had only been skydiving.

Plus like Joe said. Once I can do multi ways the cost goes WAY down. Take a $750 hour block and divide it by 4, thats $3 per minute. What you pay allot for up front pays you back in the end.

I don't have a problem spending $6K to get me back to flying the Basics Very Well. I checked my ego at the door when I showed up to the Tunnel. I'm there to learn and be on the next Freeflying Big Way World Record. If that's what it takes, I'm doing it.

I also split time with Team Mandarin recently. Quite Frankly if you want to be on a team that is competative, You'd best adjust to the FACTS that the Tunnel is a MUST. Those guys were averaging a Whole Lot of Points in a 40 second period. And I think they would all admit the Tunnel is a big reason why.

If you have the time and $500 a month you can get as much as a half hour a day per person, if you become a member of Paraclete XP tunnel. That is $6000 a year, or what is it now, 2 or 3 thousand marks or pounds or lira? We have people coming in groups of 2 to 4 and doing hours a day. SO, if you look at what is possible, you could do 182.5 hours a year by yourself for $6000 a year. That is over $200,000 worth of time at normal rates.
I could go on: If you had a 4 way team you could do as much as 730 hours a year for $500 a person per month. That is about the equivalent of 43,000 jumps (x 4) for $24,000 total for the team. That equals about 14 cents per person per jump. That is the extreme that is possible.

In the old days we said there are two ways to become a champion; First is to join the Army and become a Golden Knight. Second is to live in tent on the DZ and eat beans for 2 to 5 years.
NOW their is a third way - Become a member of Paraclete XP.

These days there is only one reason your not great, you don't want to be.

Let me go on: Right now we have hours and hours open and available to members every week day and most weekend days. A person could join and come here for a month and easily do 15 hours in a month, or a 4 way team could do 60 hours in a month. That is the equivalent of 14 cents per person per jump if you figured what they spent just for that month. If they didn't come back for the rest of the year and continued to pay their dues of the full $24,000 that would be the equivalent of 3600 team jumps at $1.65 a jump per person.

Sorry about all the numbers, but, trying to show that Paraclete XP is actually the best use for your training/learning dollar.
This brings to mind another old saying " You can lead a horse to water, but some of them will just jump in and fart so they can see the bubbles." That is it, isn't it?B|

If you have the time and $500 a month you can get as much as a half hour a day per person, if you become a member of Paraclete XP tunnel. That is $6000 a year, or what is it now, 2 or 3 thousand marks or pounds or lira? We have people coming in groups of 2 to 4 and doing hours a day. SO, if you look at what is possible, you could do 182.5 hours a year by yourself for $6000 a year. That is over $200,000 worth of time at normal rates.
I could go on: If you had a 4 way team you could do as much as 730 hours a year for $500 a person per month. That is about the equivalent of 43,000 jumps (x 4) for $24,000 total for the team. That equals about 14 cents per person per jump. That is the extreme that is possible.

In the old days we said there are two ways to become a champion; First is to join the Army and become a Golden Knight. Second is to live in tent on the DZ and eat beans for 2 to 5 years.
NOW their is a third way - Become a member of Paraclete XP.

These days there is only one reason your not great, you don't want to be.

Let me go on: Right now we have hours and hours open and available to members every week day and most weekend days. A person could join and come here for a month and easily do 15 hours in a month, or a 4 way team could do 60 hours in a month. That is the equivalent of 14 cents per person per jump if you figured what they spent just for that month. If they didn't come back for the rest of the year and continued to pay their dues of the full $24,000 that would be the equivalent of 3600 team jumps at $1.65 a jump per person.

Sorry about all the numbers, but, trying to show that Paraclete XP is actually the best use for your training/learning dollar.
This brings to mind another old saying " You can lead a horse to water, but some of them will just jump in and fart so they can see the bubbles." That is it, isn't it?B|

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! That looks quite good, but the terms of the conditions make it look like that is the ultimate best case example that isn't likely to be achieved. Anyway I wish Bedford would do something like that, or hmm I could move to Raeford....