ladyflyer77

tunnel for kids?

I'm no professional, but I think they're still a bit young. . . . ;) (ADORABLE, by the way! Congratulations!)

I think the tunnel here will fly them when they're out of diapers and I've heard a rough age of two--but someone who works there should confirm because I'm just repeating things I've heard, which can get you in real trouble! :)

TPM Sister #102

I think the tunnel is a great way to introduce children to jumping. It's also great fun just as it's own thing. Children also tend to do very well with it - check out Team Future if you're not familiar with them.

At Orlando, the rule is 3 years old and potty trained so I'd say 3 is a great age to introduce them to the tunnel. :)

Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

wow tunnel jumper at 3 years old, they could be freeflying right off student status at 18 haha. If I ever have children they will be tunnel flying asap. Hopefully by then the philly or NYC tunnel will be open haha.

Some parents push their kids in football or baseball, I will be pushing them in skydiving! It is so much more fun than "normal" sports

I think this is the best thing that has happened. I wish we had this when I was a kid. This is a great way to educate and teach the young ones on how to become the great skydivers of the future but its also a new sport for kids. Not only playing basketball, soccer, etc. but now flying, WOW!!!

I know it would be an expensive sport to pay for, but.... Anything for the Kids!!!

More kids should be introduce into tunnel flying.

One thing that should stay the same is the minimum age required for skydiving. Having experience flying does not means you are ready to jump out of a plane.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight,
It's the size of the fight in the dog!"

I know it would be an expensive sport to pay for, but.....

have you seen what the the "Jones'" are paying for dance lessons? football and soccor? baseball camps? I doubt this is that far out of line with yuppieville's home budgets.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

We teach loads of kids in skiing and there are lots of really interesting things I have picked up about child development from that. For examples to move their legs they have to move their arms at first, interesting. Their are plenty of adults that still run issue too...it isn't a bad thing, just means find a coach with experience with kids. You can use that knowledge to your advantage.

They also seem to say the magic age for understanding actions is 5, before that it is just being to the environment. Thats a good reason to get the kiddies into a tunnel, or the snow, it just isn't cool to have high expectations, not beyond having fun!

Over the last week i have been in Airkix (UK). And saw team future polishing up there routine for the world meet in Bodyflight Bedford. And all i can say is "wow" those kids can fly! There 9 and 12 i think, and do an hour a night in SV Colarado, and these guys are the future! If i could afford to put my nephew in the tunnel to get him to that stage i would! He's 5 and i'd like to get him started on the road to succes now! Get the kids in now, so by the time they finish their AFF the should be ready for a world meet! lol
At long last the light at the end of the tunell isnt an on coming train!!!

Mine, 3 tunnel hours so far over the last 4 years. Her mom made the jumpsuit for this camp too. Some kind of coloring technique called "marbling"(?) on the grippers.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

My 15 year old daughter(Claire) has 2 hours 20 mins so far and has just started sitflying,she sussed out backflying in the first hour!!
She just loves it and will be doing her AFF at the end of June hopefully a week before her 16th birthday.
Adam Mattacola (2nd in world meet last sunday) is training her in the tunnel and is doing an awesome job.
B|

Swooping, huh? I love that stuff ... all the flashing lights and wailing sirens ... it's very exciting!

I think they'd learn faster training/playing with kids their age, in this trip, we missed hooking her up with the kid's club crowd in SVCO. It would have been fun to give her the chance to interact with others in her generation. As it was, we just couldn't get anyone in their to fall slow enough to do some of the more fun training drills.

If mine wants to start skydiving, she'll have to; 1-wait until she's 18, 2 - get a good job :D

I think the tunnel is a great way to introduce children to jumping. It's also great fun just as it's own thing. Children also tend to do very well with it - check out Team Future if you're not familiar with them.

At Orlando, the rule is 3 years old and potty trained so I'd say 3 is a great age to introduce them to the tunnel. :)

I work at the Orlando tunnel and like Ari said, we take kids 3 and up... we actually have a 3 year old regular (Haley), she comes in once or twice a week and flies w/ her dad... she loves to fly and she flies on her own, shes really good w/ right turns but has a lil trouble w. left turns and she understands the basic concept of going up and down, however, she is only 3 so at that age its all more like a basic concept, rather than feeling and understanding how the wind works... shes in our new brochure if you get your hands on it... i personally believe that the younger the better, but from wat i have seen i would say 5-8 would be a great age to start, because at that age kids are fearless and dont really think bout the dangers or gettin hurt, they just get back up and try it again, tryin to coach them can be a lil tricky due to the fact that wen most kids are good enough to show off to spectators on their bellys, thats all they want to do, instead of continuing their progress to become better freeflyers as they all want to be... i guess i started typing and forgot, so its a lil long but i hope you find it helpful...
*Itchy
Life is all about experiences...
Luck, is when opportunity and preparation meet...