Bowen

US Tunnel Tour 2006

Hey everyone on Thursday I am leaving to tour all 8 permanent tunnels in the US. My trip unfolds in this order:

Wednesday: SkyVenture Orlando
Thursday: SkyVenture Perris Valley
Friday: Flyaway Vegas
Saturday: SkyVenture Arizona
Sunday: SkyVenture Colorado
Monday: AAC’s L1 and then to Flyaway Pigeon forge
Tuesday: SkyVenture New Hampshire

I work at Orlando so I am going to fly in the tunnel on Wednesday night and fly out to LA the next Morning. After I wrap up the trip I am going to submit an article to Parachutist and if that fails to get published I have been told by my friends at PD that they will put the story on the PD web site.

Thank you to all those that helped me out with discounted or free fly time. This trip has been very expensive and every little bit has helped tremendously.

I am looking forward to meeting all those that call (_______) they’re home tunnel.

See you all next week.

M.Bowen

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

Hey dawn,

I booked the tunnel time last month. yeah lets go to PF. I am flying the L1 first and then PF.

-Bowen

Awesome!!!
Although I HIGHLY recommed doing PF first, and I mean first class of the day... otherwise it really does get uncomfortably HOT in there, last time I thought my flex-z's were going to melt[:/]... it's only an hour from one to the other tunnel... there is still plenty of time & availability on Monday to 'adjust' your time slot if you needed to.

Can't wait to see you again! We can meet at 1 tunnel and you can follow me to the next! It'll be nice & I will be honored to accompany you:P:)

Hey Dawn,

Who should I call about moving my time to the afternoon at the L1. You are right I should fly in P.F. when its morning.

-Bowen
Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Hey Bowen,
I'll send you my # via pm or just pm me to make arrangements.

Flyaway, we just called, will open up at 9:45 am so that is the time to be there. We can go directly to L1 and be there by say 11 or 11:30 at the latest.. how much time are you looking to fly in PF.. I'm guessing just a novelty flight of a few minutes.. so both are do-able in the a.m.

Anyway.. just let me know if that works for you.. John can relay the message & adjust your reservation on Monday for you.. he's thinking about skipping out on work that a.m. anyway to join us both.. is that cool?

Hey everyone.

I am in the middle of writing an article to submit to a magazine so I don’t want to get into it all that much but I will say That Arizona is by far my favorite tunnel. I will try to put together a more detailed list later this week. As far as having fun, I had a blast at each and every tunnel I went to. I saw some amazing, mind blowing things and met the coolest, friendliest people. Special thanks to the Suiter family for taking me under their wing and rolling out the red carpet. You guys treated me like family, Thank you.

-Bowen