UKFSChick

Tunnel Camps in Colorado

Looks great! Earlier today I was thinking of making a spontaneous weekend trip down there this weekend, but it wasn't until I got their pre-recorded message on the phone that I realized they weren't open for business yet.

I just might have to splurge on this one, if I can find a cheap way to get out there, and a cheap motel to stay at...and a cheap credit-counselor to help me with my debt afterward. ;)
"DOOR!!!"

Holy smoke, you beat me to the announcement I was going to make here:ph34r:

I've got it all prepared, so I'm still going to say it:

Tunnel Camp at SkyVenture Colorado

SkyVenture Colorado is pround to announce a Formation Skydiving Tunnel Camp

With coaches: Gary Beyer and Eliana Rodriguez

When: March 28th - April 30th.

PM me for more information or visit the website at SkyVenture Colorado.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

if I can find a cheap way to get out there,

Psst...If you are willing to drive to midway out of chicago, Southwest has some kickass airfare to denver ;)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Rosa,
Sorry that information isn't on the site just yet.

So my dear, just for you:

Here are the three main ones that have contacted us. There are many other choices as well. The Extended Stay America is getting great feedback from people we have put there and gives any body that says they are with SkyVenture a deal. It is a walk across the parking lot to the tunnel. Towneplace Suites also offers a special price for SkyVenture.
Although they both appear to do extended type lodging they will do night to night with no problem.

Extended Stay America
8752 S Yosemite St, Lone Tree, CO 80124 (0.13 miles away)
303-662-1511

Denver Marriott South
10345 Park Meadows Dr, Littleton, CO 80124 (1.01 miles away)
303-925-0004

Towneplace Suites By Marriott
7877 S Chester St, Englewood, CO 80112 (1.35 miles away)
720-875-1113
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I highly recommend that your webmaster places hotel information on the website for out of towners.

He was just waiting for you to tell him to do it;)

Hotel Information . Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

No, not exactly. If you were to work with me, you'd buy time for yourself, and I'd be happy to coach you. The focus isn't on me flying, it's all about you. I don't usually find the need to fly much in order to teach. Just the occasional demonstration of a technique. Coaching comes in many flavors too. If you were to show up and just want to lean how to back fly for example, and I were the instructor, I'd accommodate you as best possible (while also taking care of other customers that may be flying in the same block). I'd give you a little advice on technique, and the rules on safety. For more indepth coaching, including pre-brief on theory and technique, in air coaching and feedback, and a debrief session, we'd have to arange for more free time as that sort of coaching is not easily compatible with my duties as an instructor. I guess it depends on what your goals are, and to figure that out we'd have to chat about your skills, the benifit and limitations of the tunnel and how much time you wanted to invest.

In short, come out and play a little and get an idea of where you want to take it from there...... February ain't far away though....:)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

So if Ibuy say a 30 minute block of time, do I sign up for say 5 available minutes here, 5 there during different blocks etc???

FF, block time can not be divided up into separate sessions. Hence the use of the word "block".

I suggest if you want a 30 minute block, to see if there are other people that want to split that time with you. Depending on the number of people you get to go in with you, will depend on the amount of time you'll fly.

Or you can buy a ten minute block and your tunnel session will be scheduled with other ten minute session people. Or you can get a few other people to divide that ten minute session and you all can get a taste of the air. In my experience, for FF the ten minute session divided among more then two people won't really give you enough time to learn what you want with the FF.

I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem getting three other jumpers together that want to share a 30 minute block time with you.

I'll split some time with you for freefly coaching. I still suck on my back in the tunnel, but a couple more sessions should fix that hopefully.

If it's run similar to Eloy, we'd split a 1 hour session up, usually at least 4 people for 15 minutes a piece with 2 minute rotations in and out of the tunnel.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Well some times when you ask, you get what you asked for;)

UPDATE:

SkyVenture Colorado announces the date change of the previous announced Tunnel Camp with Gary Beyer and Eliana Rodrigues. The previous dates where March 28th - March 30th. That camp date has now been changed to March 31st thru April 2nd. That also includes the evening tunnel sessions, which can be purchased separately on line.

For more information please visit:
http://www.skyventurecolorado.com/skydivers/camp_0306.php

There are a few slots left for the day camp and very limited slots for evening sessions.

If you would like more information feel free to contact me via PM.

Update on the tunnel:
Wow! I can't believe how fast things are moving. We are really pushing people. We would like to be able to take reservations for skydivers for this week only for a special price. If certain things are done, we will be announcing special prices for this week only for skydivers to buy block times.

I personally have been flying in the tunnel when we had some of those cold evenings. One session the temp outside was -1 and I was flying in the tunnel without gloves and only a t-shirt on under my jumpsuit. For those of you that know what a big baby I can be with cold temps, you know this is an amazing feat for me to be warm.

You are welcome to call and ask for updates for any one that would like to be kept informed about times.

Look forward to seeing you all flying,
Mary and the staff of SVC

For those of you that know what a big baby I can be with cold temps, you know this is an amazing feat for me to be warm.

You do have means to keep it cool in the hotter months?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants