Paige

How Often Do You Fly In A Tunnel?

How often do you fly in the tunnel?

I know my time spent flying at the tunnel depends on how busy the schedule is for that given week. I allowed multiple answers so you can check what you do during busy and slow times. Please explain multiple answers.

My choices: A few times a week or weekly.

Sometimes it seems like I live there :D, that's not a bad thing if you smack your veins as much as I do :D (that's a joke, I don't do smack, please don't go there :D).

Sorry if the choices are stinky but this is nothing scientific folks :D;):)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I fly a few times a month.. mostly once or twice a week but not always..

thing about me is.. USUALLY I'm flying for an hour or two each time... lately though.. I've been slammed with work & students when I'm there so I've only gotten to fly like 15 & 30 minutes when I go..!

it MUST be time for a Monthly Tunnel Time thread.. we missed one last month didn't we???

it MUST be time for a Monthly Tunnel Time thread.. we missed one last month didn't we???

I think I missed the train on those for a few mons. :D:$:D Is it the post just updating our time and a little bio thing? I vaguely remember a post you stuck up. Ugh, I'm so busy lately, sorry I just can't remember exactly what post.

Great idea to rile it back up though!

Thanks for the response!!!
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

a few times a year now:(, but once we get that tunnel up in colorado i'll be there a few times a week:D

I'm going to try and get out there for the opening to induct a PMTS delegate. Know anyone who might be interested in the job? If I can't make it out there, I'm going to take personal reference statements for candidates to make the decision.

I would love to fly with you when I make it out there. Stay in touch and keep me posted of progress, please, I'm twitching to get to CO, I've never been there.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Hey love,... im a relatively new tunnel instructor here at Perris skyventure (7 months now). Just wandering what a PMTS delagate is and how it's related to the tunnel ;) Cant wait to fly out there. See you then.
Are we not yet ready to live life for life and not for death?

Pink Mafia Tunnel Sisters
Founded in 2005, by Paige Rudolph from SkyVenture Orlando, with Delegates Rosa Alva from SkyVenture Perris and Dawn Suiter from Appalachian Amusement Center & Flyaway Indoor Skydiving in North Carolina & Tennessee to form a unique bond among women tunnel flyers and to show their love & passion for human flight. These three ladies began inducting new members of all ages at all 4 vertical wind tunnels in May of 2005. The sisterhood hasn't stopped growing since!

Specifically, a delegate is a sister who is allowed to induct members :)
Please make sure you take extra special care of Rosa and other PMTS ladies out there in Perris ;):)
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Hey love,... im a relatively new tunnel instructor here at Perris skyventure (7 months now). Just wandering what a PMTS delagate is and how it's related to the tunnel ;)

Hey Brad;), I've been sick for the last couple of weeks, so I haven't been in the tunnel at all. :( Paige is right, our Pink Mafia Tunnel Sister organization is very much a baby organization that is developing into something very special. Like flying, we are always evolving and expanding our focus.

Our organization is a way for female tunnel flyers to connect with each other and also a place where we can honor some of the women in this new sport. Personally, I always have female mentors that I look up to, like my past coaches Eliana (Airspeed), Juliana Se, Melanie Curtis, Erin Murphy, Christy Frikken, etc. Every one of these ladies has in her own way done much for women flyers, whether it be on a widescale or local level. They have each specifically helped my own self-esteem with their encouragement of myself or by myself watching their flying abilities. The support from fellow lady flyers has been tremendous, via not just their tunnel flying coaching, but from their pep talks, e-mails, PMs, friendship, etc. Also, watching someone who flies so well is an inspiration within itself. That is how I see these ladies...as our "Inspirational Sisters" in flight.

I want to share the incredible encouragements that I have felt from other female flyers with other ladies and to remind them that even if we will never be record holders or just fly for fun, it's always good to have and to give encouragement/support within our sport, especially when flying with some of those huge guys. :o It's nice to see that women can still hold our own in there.

I have yet to initiate sisters at Perris' tunnel, but my Barbie and myself are going to be getting into the tunnel really soon. (Kris has OKed PMTS initiations, since the Barbie will be strapped to me.) I spoke to Christy Frikken, yesterday, and she has agreed to be my first interview (a new feature of the PMTS, that I will be doing monthly) and my first initiated sister in the Perris tunnel! B| We are working on scheduling a time and also on a date to initiate more ladies.

Returning to the PMTS organization, I am happy to say that there are many new and exciting features, that we are working on for our organization and website. We are going to be adding more history of early tunnel flyers, fousing on our female tunnel flying pioneers, as well as focusing on women whose modern flying we admire now via interviews, biographies, new written segments, etc. Tunnel flying is such a new sport, that we really want to educate our sisters as to how it began, and how we can all become better as tunnel flyers. (That is my focus...education and hopefully better flying skills!) We will even be encouraging tunnel or flying questions or discussions to be discussed on our website. The PMTS are working on some major changes with our site, so you should check back weekly.

Brad, please feel free to give us any suggestions as to what you feel could enhance our organization. You can also tell me in person if you have any ideas that would help the PMTS. See you soon! ;)

A few times a year, but I don't fly in the tunnel nearly enough. If I was still living in Florida, my tunnel time would be a heck of a lot more than it is now. :)
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Great thing about my son. He now packs for me. He wanted to charge me but quickly realized that my "Taxi prices" exactly matched my packing bill!;) The only downside is jumping the first few unsupervised pack jobs by you 13 yr. old son makes you think at pull time.:S Good openings though. Just have to teach the kid the RSL doesn't hook to the three ring system!:o

I am almost as addicted to the tunnel as I am to skydiving. My day of skydiving doesn't seem complete without some tunnel time. Just wish it wasn't so darn expensive. I need a new jumpsuit, but every time I save up the money I get a good rate on tunnel time, so it's tunnel time or new jumpsuit....tunnel time always wins :).

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

boo i wish there was a tunnel around ohio to fly in

im coming back down to florida this winter paige! (lake whales)
you'll have to coach me for sure:)

Let me know ahead of time and I'll get some time booked for coaching and Barbie! You will have so much fun girl, I just know it :)

Of course if you don't let me know when you are coming I would have to hunt you down like a dog :P:D and drag your ass in the chamber to fly:):P
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com