Cookiemunster

Wind Tunnel in Colorado

Sez you! Still too cold to jump. Brr. Plus, I got my plane ticket for Eloy. I'll see you guys where it's warm to jump :P

:| I jumped all day yesterday. It was beautiful jumping weather.

Of course everyone thought we were insane for doing a high pull on sunset load:D

Sez you! Still too cold to jump. Brr. Plus, I got my plane ticket for Eloy. I'll see you guys where it's warm to jump :P

:| I jumped all day yesterday. It was beautiful jumping weather.

Of course everyone thought we were insane for doing a high pull on sunset load:D

I agree, besides for the mud over all my gear, the snow loads were great... Saturday was better because the snow was still snow, but my fingers got cold...

As promised, here are some pictures of our rats:)
~SVCrats: From left to right back row
Philippe Tassin
Brad Cole
Me :)Jason Russell
Derek Vanboeschoten
Matt Burge
Rob Pasaol
Front Row:
The great and wonderful Joe and Rusty. These guys sure know how to put those rats through a good training camp.

~Those morning training sessions get cold

~Really I think I woke Derek up with the Flash

~What a great looking crew :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

More

~Birthday boy:)
~I can't figure out why Derek was so happy after getting his ass handed to him:S Maybe he was just glad to get out of that cold tunnel.

~For Rob that meal was just a snack!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Check this one out...
[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/HpiRally/normal_P8310020.jpg[/url]

I offer FREE lodging...just give me some time in the tunnel..
:ph34r:

joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Is everyone back home safe today? Did everyone do OK (i.e. pass)??

Everyone is back safe and resting up for their next stage of training. They aren't done yet.

freakydiver said:

Man who cares is the tunnel ready?

I was just at the site today, and got some pictures. I'm waiting for some one else to post them;)

Hm... who is going to be posting those pictures? Oh yeah, me! ;)

The tunnel is beautiful guys. Absolutely stunning, so if you haven't dropped by DO IT. Pictures, drawings etc. just don't do justice... it's like a monument of awesomeness (for lack of better words).

Look forward to meeting all of you guys coming to the tunnel! I'll be behind the counter opening weekend and I'm as anxious/excited/giddy as all of you, I can barely wait!

So check out the pics.

Dumb question - having never been in a tunnel. I take it in order to freefly I'll have to take up some coaching time. If I remember correctly they want you to learn backflying first and progress from there, is that right? Anyone know what the going rate for coaching will be in Lone Tree?

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

11 days left till the end of the year....

will you make it... will the first flight happen???????????????

c'mon we're pullin' for you over here...

We're trying, we're trying!

freakydiver said:

Dumb question - having never been in a tunnel. I take it in order to freefly I'll have to take up some coaching time. If I remember correctly they want you to learn backflying first and progress from there, is that right? Anyone know what the going rate for coaching will be in Lone Tree?

In order to freefly in the SVC tunnel, you'll be checked out by the tunnel instructors. You'll have to prove to them you can fly on your back, and if you don't know how to do that, they'll teach you. There will be certain instructors that will have that instructor level to teach freeflying by the time we open. If those instructors are scheduled to be in the tunnel during that block time, you won't be charged extra for that coaching. Remember, it's just going to be basic coaching. If you want more one on one coaching from certain instructors, we'll be setting up a guideline for those prices in the future.

You might want to book some time during our first two weeks of opening, as we'll have Joe and Rusty there doing some coaching.

You can sign up for the latest and greatest news from SVC by getting the newsletter.

I have some bad news guys...

I just ran by the tunnel today on the way back from a doctor's appointment...

Did you guys know that there is a Starbucks in the same parking lot??? I watched the construction guys work from the drive thru...

This is a real bad thing... I have no will power when it comes to their frozen blended coffee OR flying in the tunnel... Now I am going to be even more broke as the caffeine and sugar will get me jumping off the walls and swiping my credit card...

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN...

>:(

(Anyone got a good Coffee Anonymous group, I need to give up one habit).

I've made many a stop at that Starbucks already:ph34r:

On your way in to the tunnel, since I'll be stuck working, bring me some coffee. I do accept bribes;)

YIPPEE....tunnel, starbucks, and beer....I'm going to be in heaven.:D

Well, my company keeps in it's safe all sorts of fun things to give employees when they do wonderful things...

I opened up the safe, looked under "S" and found these!

I wonder how much tunnel time this much starbucks could get me. (see attached)

(Just Kidding - I don't do business this way)

Did you guys know that there is a Starbucks in the same parking lot??? I watched the construction guys work from the drive thru...

I'm sensing this is my time to post!;)

I was already happy enough that I got a job working at the tunnel (Colorado here I come!) but my life is complete now that I know there is a Starbucks within walking distance.

As far as bribery goes -- I think I heard that a white chocolate mocha works on Mary;). Bribing me won't do you any good - but I do like nice , frothy lattes...

Can't wait to meet all of you! Forgive me if I'm panting the first few times I see you - gonna take some time to adjust to the higher altitude!

Jenn

Oh, and one more thing...Ninjas ARE way cooler than pirates.