Paige

FOLLOW THE RULES PEOPLE

I know, I'm being a pain in the ass but since I'm in the forum all day long...please people, let's follow the rules. I can't take another "Who Wants To Share Time?" thread.

I have to work my ass off to share all kinds of tunnel time (probably more than most of you) and you don't see me posting about availability. Its in the rules that those kind of posts belong in the classifides or the want adds. I would assume posting that you want tunnel time would be the same as sharing it therefore belongs as a wanted add in the classifieds section?? Maybe I'm totaly wrong there, it happens a lot.

PER SE THE BIG MAN HH:

Tunnel Camps should be posted to the Calendar. Feel free to come back here and tell us about what you learned or give a report on how the camp went. The forum is also not the place for individuals to advertise available tunnel time or open slots. Please use the Classifieds for that.

By sticking to these simple guidelines you can help ensure that this becomes a useful resource about tunnel flight and is not over-run by promotions and advertising.

SkymonkeyONE is in da house!

Have fun!

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

By sticking to these simple guidelines you can help ensure that this becomes a useful resource about tunnel flight and is not over-run by promotions and advertising

Yeah, I'm tired of seeing all these ads too. Let's talk about tunnel flying here!
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

I know, I'm being a pain in the ass but since I'm in the forum all day long...please people, let's follow the rules. I can't take another "Who Wants To Share Time?" thread.

I have to work my ass off to share all kinds of tunnel time (probably more than most of you) and you don't see me posting about availability. Its in the rules that those kind of posts belong in the classifides or the want adds. I would assume posting that you want tunnel time would be the same as sharing it therefore belongs as a wanted add in the classifieds section?? Maybe I'm totaly wrong there, it happens a lot.

Erm.. I may be wrong and you may have been posting this totally tongue in cheek, but didn't you just post a day or so ago, asking if anyone wanted free coaching in the tunnel??

I personally read your post as advertising the fact that you were providing free tunnel coaching and requesting people to let you know if they were interested in sharing that with you?

Both of which seemed fine to me, but according to the guidelines you just posted in this thread, they are not acceptable:S?

At any rate, its been great to hear of your progression with your tunnel skills and now back in the air, tooB|.

Good luck with the tunnel coaching.

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

Still waiting for a moderator to email me back or move my post about that. You must have missed the disclaimer at the bottom to Chuckie Blue the moderator. I sent him a PM and have not heard back so I posted it, he knows me, knows I post with no mal intent, and I assmed would move it if there was a problem.

My one post about coaching pails in comparison to the threads that have been started, locked, and continued in this forum about sharing tunnel time.

Also, advertising usually involves a money transaction or advertising to get income. I don't take money, and if I did, I would have posted it in the classifieds.

totally tongue in cheek

Not totally but mostly.

Thanks for your for the positive feedback about my progression.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Looking for someone to share tunneltime with is not something that is easily communicated through the classified. Now, Im one of the posters on a thread on tunnel sharing. I could see the problem if I was selling time, but Im not. [:/]
Im looking for someone who also have tunnel booked on specific days, and share sessions. Nothing classified selling or buying in that...

And really, I have watched the threads go on and on about tunnel sharing. And I think its great, that people can make arrangements through the forum. If you as an individual have no interest in the post, then just dont open it...?! But then again, you made similar type of post (even on selling an service in the tunnel) disclaimer or not. :o

I see no better forum for it than this, and the need for these posts is obvious there! ;)

I'm selling no sevice first off. All of the other posts were deleted except mine so there must be no problem if no $ is exchanged.

I didn't say anything about your posts specifically, not a specific attack, just general statement.

I also think its a great idea but not for this web page. Ari (needtojump) is working on a web page specifically for sharing, filling, etc. tunnel time. I think this will help a ton!!! When he gets time from work we'll have it up and running early April after our Las Vegas business trip.

If you have any suggestions for the web site PLEASE ANYONE PM me or Ari (needtojump) suggestions!
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I believe a solution to this problem would be a single thread, most certainly a sticky, called Sharing Tunnel Time.
In it, you can post what your looking for and people can respond via PM.

I agree, there is a need to hook people up and this is the logical place so it seems, but I also don't like it cluttering up the forum topics either.

Pink Suits, Blue Skies & Fast Air,
Dawn Suiter

I believe a solution to this problem would be a single thread, most certainly a sticky, called Sharing Tunnel Time.

Great idea

How about it?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It's a solution if we change the rule about it. And a single thread keeps us from getting clogged up with more of the same.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It's a solution if we change the rule about it. And a single thread keeps us from getting clogged up with more of the same.

Not that I often look for tunnel time, but I think this seems fair. Why be anal about it? Honestly, if I were to want to share time, this would seem the logical place (to me and obviously many others) to post to ask someone if they have time to share.

There are pointless threads in EVERY forum... I think this would be one of the more constructive threads, I mean, how many "how much time do I need in the tunnel?" threads have their been? No one complains about those, do they? http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=how+much+time+tunnel&search_type=AND&search_fields=sb&search_time=&search_user_username=&sb=score&mh=25

Of course, the threads would need to be locked and restarted now and then.

-A

** Oh, and Paige, I think that offering "free tunnel coaching" is still an advertisement. I mean, lets be honest, you are getting to fly in the tunnel with the person, and get more experience with coaching, so doesn't that somehow benefit you, too? Of course, I think it's great that you and someone else can both gain, but it is still advertisement any way you slice it.
[Dictionary says : Advertisement: 2 : a public notice; especially : one published in the press or broadcast over the air ]

edit for typo.

Oh, and Paige, I think that offering "free tunnel time" is still an advertisement. I mean, lets be honest, you are getting to fly in the tunnel with the person, and get more experience with coaching, so doesn't that somehow benefit you, too? Of course, I think it's great that you and someone else can both gain, but it is still advertisement any way you slice it.
[Dictionary says : Advertisement: 2 : a public notice; especially : one published in the press or broadcast over the air ]

I'm not offering "free tunnel time" I'm offering free coaching I gain nothing as far as skills go, I already have to have those to coach. I have the time booked, people usually share it; I coach them for free because going into the tunnel with no base skill set doesn't get you a whole lot. I fly no one's time who doesn't want me in there or "free time".

I was the one who PM'd HH to erase all the sharing time threads, along with a PM to Chuckie I told HH about my post and told him to remove it if it was not appropriate. He removed others, why not mine I don't know but he didn't. I told him the post title and everything so I think because no money is exchanged.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

"I'm not offering "free tunnel time""

that was a typo on my part, but I meant coaching.

I am sure you fly very well, and i'm sure that many people would love to take advantage of your offer. But, as far as you saying you have nothing to gain I beg to differ, but that is beside the point. The point is, you state you are not advertising, and as i've stated the fact is that you are indeed advertising.

Do I care? Not really. But, it just seems to me like you are trying to imply that people who want to share time are in the wrong, where your advertisement is ok. And, that is hypocritical, imo. Obviously, due to the fact that you aren't charging they don't see it a problem, but the fact is you are gaining experience with coaching that will allow you to charge in the future.

No one buys tunnel time to make money off of it. People buy it and then come on here and ask if others want to share, sometimes so that they have people to play with, sometimes so they can take a break, whatever. But, I highly doubt they are really posting to make $$ off of their tunnel time, and since that isn't the case they have nothing to gain but friends to play with or share time with in the tunnel.

Anyhow, i'm not going to continue to argue what advertising is and isn't with you. I guess what I really wanted to say was "lighten up.";):P

Take care and best of luck to you with your coaching ventures.
-A

Obviously, due to the fact that you aren't charging they don't see it a problem, but the fact is you are gaining experience with coaching that will allow you to charge in the future.

You are making a huge assumption that in the furture I will charge. I wouldn't assume anything. I probably never will, that's 95%, unless I become some awesome skydiver with all kinds fame, oh wait, ya that's never gonna happen :D. I fly for fun, I fly with friends now to help them improve, I also get to hone my coaching skills but only for the better of their flying. I have no intention of charging, I don't need the money, I have a real job that will more than pay the bills and then some. If the job won't Dad will.

If you saw the tunnel forum page before HH deleted all the posts you would know what the issue was. Everything else was getting lost in the sharing tunnel time posts. There is a need for sure, can't argue that.

Let's face it you can only phrase "sharing time" so many ways, I was actually hoping to see how people were going to get creative with the thread titles :)
I hope there is something sorted out for sharing tunnel time, it would make my 11 hours a month easier to get rid of. If I have to work at sharing time damn it, everyone should >:(:D You will all suffer with me:P:D I'm kidding.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I have a real job that will more than pay the bills and then some. If the job won't Dad will.

Lucky you...;)
I'm spending easter weekend at work in a korean steel factory to finance my expensive hobbies.
Obviously I have chosen the wrong Dad...:(

Happy easter weekend. Please fly some time for me... ;)

No.1 reason NOT to be an astronaut: ...You can't drink beer at zero gravity...

I got really lucky and I am really greatful; there was a time when my parents moved to Ohio (from NY) to start the now successful business but were happy if they could make payroll (not even paying themselves). 25 years ago my Mom worked on WallStreet. Both Mom and Dad combined weren't making what Mom did alone on WallStreet.

Hard work pays of. Remember that it's always noticed by the important people whether you believe it or not. My Dad had some amazing stories to prove me wrong when I said they don't always.

I'm flying on Sunday. I'll be sure to set my hair aflame:)
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I've tried to explain my position, but no one understands.. greenies just believe I work and make money these tunnels, and I guess that's that.

So congrats on your free advertising, I'm pretty sure my post here will get edited because I said my hubby offers free coaching too.. and somehow or another, THAT will be different than your post!

Going to the grenies maybe your problem. Obvsiouly you didn't read any of my other posts about personally emailing HH and specifically telling him about my post, giving him the thread title, and also asking him to clean up the tunnel forum because of all the tunnel time postings. I told him if my post was inapropriate to erase it. He didn't, don't know why but I think your "congrats on free advertising" was a bit sarcastic towards the wrong person/people. Talk to the greeenies or HH as I suggest and work the problem, I'm not involved and would like to keep it that way.

He should have erased it anyway because I'm getting so much shit from everyone. I guess that about describes my sig line, its not directed at your Dawn please don't take it as such. Just a ton of crap that is going on right now and there has been so much drama brought to me because of various things and people; all this crap is the last straw for my patience, again not you Dawn just in general. I'm way over stressed. Sorry if I sounded angry at you. I'm not
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

again not you Dawn just in general. I'm way over stressed. Sorry if I sounded angry at you. I'm not

I know your not, and I'm not mad at you, and I totally know what you mean about the last straw!
I know you talked to HH, I read that, I still don't understand the rhyme or reason, but that's ok.. we have our banners now so I know peole are finding out.. and I know good people like you help spread the word too!

PS.. I got you and Ari the tunnel hookup for your trip to Vegas!! Did he tell you yet??? Can't wait to see your videos from the trip!!!:)

I send plenty of love to the L1 tunnel gang :)
I think the banners are freakin awesome btw!!! I think those will get you way more than $xxx worth out of them. I also think those would be better than one post, I know I'm easily distracted and your banner does the trick, here's about how it goes: "reading posts, blah, blah, blah, oooooooooooooo colorful stuff, oooooooo fireworks, oooooooo tunnel flying at night,ooooooo!
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I think being teatherd to the net for tracking is soooooooo freakin cool!

EEEEEEEK:o:o:o
I WOULD NEVER do that!! You really want to? Nobody has, I hope no one has been saying the did..

for me.. 13 ft is plenty of tracking practice and the net is SO SOFT AND AWESOME that flying right through the column and over into the net is a BLAST!!

Don't get tied down! FLY!!!!

I think being teatherd to the net for tracking is soooooooo freakin cool!

EEEEEEEK:o:o:o
I WOULD NEVER do that!! You really want to? Nobody has, I hope no one has been saying the did..
Don't get tied down! FLY!!!!

Swore I saw something in the Vegas tunnel vido or somewhere else. Man, I really am loosing it. This week has definately taken its toll.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com