philh

skyventure uk

Hi just been on Skyventure's Uk's web site and they imply the tunnel is going to open in June 2005. Am I right to think this is wildly optimistic? Has construcion started? Arizonas still seems a couple of months away from opening and they were talking Dec 2004 origianlly.
What are the specs gonna be? Will it be the same as the one in Perris and Orlando? Cant wait to hear more about it.

Its gona be a good one when it comes ! Bigger than Orlando.

Not sure whether it has started yet, it hadn't in January apparently... see http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1318242;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

"Life is a bowl of deadly nightshade, stay way way out on the rim brother"

Recurculating tunnels are hot, slow, and shorter than Skyventure

Basically every facility is different... Size / Power / Temperature / design can vary in many many ways

Again the size of the flight chamber could be anything! - In this case it is 12ft (slightly larger than Orlando)

:)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Again the size of the flight chamber could be anything! - In this case it is 12ft (slightly larger than Orlando)

:)

All I have to compare is FlyAway :( but soon I'll be able to add the L1!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Yea hah...its being built! Fabrication is under way in the USA and what was a lovely fish pond in Milton Keynes is now a muddy building site ie the site is being prepared! The website has been updated with the latest pictures!

There was also a good article in April's Skydive mag with interviews with both Simon Ward from Skyventure and Paul from Bodyflight.

Does anyone have any info about skydiving in Iran?

Yeah....Usually one jump only.....no chance to recce the DZ beforehand....might be a night jump ....you will have to carry alot of extra equipment with you.....locals can be a bit more hostile than the farmers you are used to ..... and its a bit of a long haul back to the packing shed....in Saudi Arabia.

Good news is you'll probably get paid to do this jump ;)......lol

Just wonderin then, cos people sayin its on the way and that but no one has said specificly yes to the original question of its commin in june 2005 so like next month?? sumone elce said this but just wanna repeat, does sound abit optimistic?? Do you guys have a specific date your aiming for or time frame eg. early or late june for example?? Just wondering because ive just started the Raps course and getting time in a tunnel from what ive been reading in the wind tunnel section would greatly help me along to getting myself qualified. Any more info you could give would be greatly apreciated, also for the Bedford wind tunnel aswell if anyone knows cos they are both about an hour and half away from me (so multimap tells me anyway) so reachable for practice.

Rav

Hey Phil, how's it going? Long time, no see!

Just got back from Perris where Eliana and Neal from Airspeed had been flown from Eloy in the King Air with their Tunnel Campers to run the camp in the Perris tunnel since the Eloy one still isn't finished. I think the Eloy tunnel has had some very specific construction issues which may not affect the UK one. I don't think they will make the mistake of announcing a date which they are not absolutely sure about
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

I don't think they will make the mistake of announcing a date which they are not absolutely sure about

Well, I guess they have to set a date at some point! I just noticed on the Netheravon website, that the new women's team AirKix will be at the Milton Keynes tunnel between the 12th and 16th of September
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Well, it's true the airspeed had to flight to Perris in may...( you were still there, don't you?)..
Some friends from Empuria are goig to Eloy for the camp at the end of august and I am thinking about going too if I can not go to Russia in july...I hope it will be finish by that time!