rehmwa

Another Tunnel

Solly's hinting in an interview on www.skyleague.com of a new tunnel in Deland.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The interview is here

The second goal is to bring to fruition a project that Skydive Deland has been working on behind the scene for the last 18 months or so. We will have a wind tunnel at Skydive Deland in 2005. It will be the biggest tunnel in the world and will also be the most realistic freefall simulator on this side of the Atlantic. I can't say anymore at this stage but stay tuned.

I've been hearings rumors of this tunnel for quite some time now, I hope it all works out and is a kick-ass tunnel for both RW and freefly.
:)
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

Solly's hinting in an interview on www.skyleague.com of a new tunnel in Deland.

It is an interesting design. I will be very eager to see how it works out.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

With another tunnel only 45 minutes away? There's been a lot of talk on these boards about saturating the market, and if this isn't saturation, I don't know what is.

Do they really expect that much business to be able to support two tunnels, or is DeLand hoping to take the brunt of it and leave SkyVenture with the leftovers?

Mike

You know, SV was tossing out the idea of a 2nd tunnel in the Orlando area because this tunnel was filled to capacity with jsut tunnel camps, etc.

The other tunnel was still projected to be profitable with whuffo and more jumper business.

I think that if SV has to be booked MONTHS ahead for anything significant, then this is a good market for more business right now.

We'll have to see how it plays once the others are up and running (Eloy, Deland, etc), I'll guess that they will all have enough business for some time.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Projected by the end of this year will be Skyventures in Perris, Eloy, Orlando, Colorado, NH and Houston is to be getting an L2 Tunnel. I've been told that CO and NH have the funds, permits and everything.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

correction: Houston is getting an L1 tunnel, called Adren-l-n 2, at this point.
this one shouldn't be operational until early 2006.

Also, in almost every case from groundbreaking to operational to the public, it takes about 1 year and in most cases longer, so those in the list who haven't started building yet, may not make it until 2006 as well.

Of the publicly announced tunnels we're forcasting the following to reach completion in 2005:
SkyVenture Arizona
SkyVenture UK
Bodyflight Bedford
Bodyflying Korea

Personally, I don't think there will ever be too many tunnels. Too many of a particular design would take some of the fun out of it for me, I like the variety, so I'm glad that it is still a diverse market!

With another tunnel only 45 minutes away? There's been a lot of talk on these boards about saturating the market, and if this isn't saturation, I don't know what is.Mike

It's almost an hour away and if the teams didn't need to rent a car to get to the tunnel I"m sure they would be happy. Bad weather, train in the tunnel, on site and ready to go if weather breaks. I think they are trying to do two very different things. Orlando will be fine because of the tourists and all the income they bring, that will sustain them if this tunnel opens.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com