Rover

Gopro update for HC photos

For those of you who who use a Gopro for stills HC photos, if you have the HD model, you can upload some software from the Gopro website that allows you to shoot at 1photo per second rather than 1 every 2 seconds.
Does not apply to the 960 model.
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

There is new firmware available,
however I don't believe it includes a 1 second photo mode.
I've just updated mine and that feature is not there, nor is it mentioned in the newest Go-Pro manual.
I asked them to do this a while back and had no response from them. I've been waiting a while for this.
Please let me know where that update is or where you got your info from, thanks

Sorry, I've been all over that website and I still don't see it.
My Go-Pro now has the new firmware which includes the new features such as One touch record, LCD screen on/off, Live feed out, etc, etc. But when you scroll the camera menu to the required setting its lowest photo is still P2, every 2 seconds. Also the support page says nothing about a 1 second photo.
Sorry to be a complete tard but you're gonna have to spell it out for me cos it's just not there! :S

A photo every second... how exciting so now they will get 2 million phots insteatd of one, great:S.

Isn't that a bit over the top?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

So yeah, they'll have 300 pictures as opposed to 150, not exactly a selling point with me. Though 30 freefall pictures as opposed to 15, and maybe 4 or 6 on the step as opposed to 2 or three, that's very cool! I think I'll get that shit going this afternoon!

If I were jumping from 14,000' out of a turbine airplane, I'd stick with P2, but we're sometimes jumping from 7,500' with clouds, and 10,000' normal and 30 seconds of freefall.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

It's the software for the LCD screen and battery pack that you need to download that will give you the 1 sec photos. And as stated above, it's not in the revised manual but if you scroll through the menu to where you change the timing intervals for photos, you will see "P1" available.;)

Remember you don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing.

Not necessarily directed at your question of 1pps, I'm looking into purchasing a HD Pro. I would love to use it on my MC rides as well as on my helmet. Is there enough mounting hardware in the Motorsports kit to put this on my helmet as well as on my Harley. Looking forward to getting this soon. Thanks guys. Mark
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344

One of my TIs installed the new firmware then pointed the camera at a clock with a second hand. It wasn't shooting a picture every second so he emailed GoPro. Their response was that "it's actually more like a picture every 1.3 seconds." Just as an FYI in case someone figures out that in 45 seconds of freefall you're not getting 45 pictures but more like 35. Or 30 seconds will get you 23 pictures, etc.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Well your doing better then I. I have attempted 4 or 5 times to get the damm firmware update onto the sd card without success. So tomorrow I'm off to use the wife's laptop and see if that works. If not, over to the house desktop. So...wish me luck!
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344

hop n pop!

How about the new gopro 3d casing that takes 2 cameras...

One is upside down but the photos can be flipped...

http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories/3d-hero-system/

very interesting times ahead...

"would you like video and stills or a 2d and a 3d video...."

Now only if they could make a firmwire update on that setup to allow the one start button to begin 2d video on the upright camera and stills only on the inverted camera....
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

hop n pop!

How about the new gopro 3d casing that takes 2 cameras...

One is upside down but the photos can be flipped...

http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories/3d-hero-system/

very interesting times ahead...

"would you like video and stills or a 2d and a 3d video...."

Now only if they could make a firmwire update on that setup to allow the one start button to begin 2d video on the upright camera and stills only on the inverted camera....

That's cool!

AC DZ

It certainly is cool,

Jeb Corliss has been posting some 3d videos on facebook, but I don't have any glasses to watch them.

I also saw a sony camera that is smaller than most pont and shoots that takes SLR lenses....

so many option these days.

I remember when a PC9 cost NZ$3000

you cna have a whole (outside video) setup for that now and have change to spare...

hey did´t see that thread yet, so I asked in the Video-Forum.
maybe somebody has got the same problem:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4117192;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

thank you!
stefan