gshel

Vecotor or Strong?

I mean, look at the industry as a whole, how many incidents are there where it was concluded that the person would have survived if they had an RSL on.

Are you serious? An industry as a whole? There are far more accounts of low cutaways and reserve deployents than rsls causing problems. And as far as tandems go, what is your thoughts of the crosskeys double fatality last year. Had the rsl been connected you think that would have made a difference?

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

My point in that comment was simply that including the sport side in the discussion there have been more than a few fatal cutaways over the years where it was reasoned in the post incident evaluation that had the jumper had an RSL, they would have survived. My original comments were definitely Pro RSL.

Yes, I believe that the possibility exists that use of an RSL may have made a difference.

I don't expect to change your mind. I am simply offering a view from our perspective. If you disagree, I will certainly respect your position.

Best Regards,

Tom Noonan
Tandem Director
Strong Enterprises

To be fair, the thing we hear from time to time regarding the system is it's look. It's simply an older looking system, not as stylish as some of the other systems out there.

Hey Tom - what are the news on the new ELAN rig? I have been hearing about it for the last four years.

Thank you Andrew, and I agree with you as well.

We are actually in the process of drop testing such a system and plan to make that feature available on Dual Hawks shortly.

Best Regards,

Tom Noonan
Tandem Director
Strong Enterprises

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tom,

What are the chances of you mailing me a couple dozen "Collins Lanyard-like-devices" so that I can install them over the winter?

Read this ad for an instructor that must be WILLING to jump Strongs.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=54798;d=1

Its all you need to know. There are so many of us out there experienced with Vectors and Strongs (and others) that will not use Strongs again in its current configuration. Although I do look forward to seeing the Elan tandem rig. But for now Dual Hawks, SETs, and Masters all suck.
Aaron
“God Damn Mountain Dew MotherFuckers!”

fo i do not have any in depth knowledge about the sigma system i will not make any judgements

btw: this whole arguement reminds me of the discussions computer-geeks have all the time when it comes to choosing between mircosoft, linux, apple et all
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

If your at a DZ that has both vector and strong tandems that’s to bad I don’t believe in using different tandem systems at the same DZ. I feel it may lead to problems.

Now if the DZ your at are using one tandem system then I agree with Noonan pick the one you would be using and jump the hell out of it. Then cross train to another system and figure it out for your self.

My personal rating of tandems of which I am rated in are:

#1 Sigma “There is no competition its way ahead of the others, UPT has set the new standard for modern equipment”

#2 and 3 are Strong and Vector “Both vary close to each other but personally I would choose the Strong over Vector when given a choice”
Memento Mori

If your at a DZ that has both vector and strong tandems that’s to bad I don’t believe in using different tandem systems at the same DZ. I feel it may lead to problems.

While this comment may be true, i don't think the problem would come from the new guy it would come from the older comlacent stoner guy that simply forgot what rig he was on.

If you are dilligent and responsable it should never be a problem.

Complacencly would be more to blame than the systems themselves.

Many companies have different (make, model and size) canopies in the same systems. same thing.

The person that started this thread was in a position where the conclusion to this thread could directly effect thier income.

My suggestion would be... To use the different systems and get experience whichever way you can but be careful, don't do anything you are not comfortable doing and don't become complacent.

Most of all have fun, if you don't..... go and do something else.

:)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix