TheMarshMan1

Night Jump Requirement....

I have only done one but it was AWESOME! I still need to do my 2-way for my D. I was gonna do it over labor day weekend but that whole accident thing kinda got in the way. You will really enjoy it if you try it. Just do the whole safety/training thing and no worries! Yippee! Fun. Next full moon I am there!

I was thinking Lake Wales... cause Zhills doesn't light up the landing area the way I like. You rely on moonlight whereas I prefer a bunch of headlights for added safety. Haven't asked Lake Wales what they do about that. However, it just occurred to me I'll be doing the AFC Championship game that weekend so I'll have to wait a while. :( Stupid, stupid job!

Thanks Phree! Then Lake Wales it is....next time I get some time off during a full moon. Yippee!
Night jumps are super fun - very surreal like Marshall said. And cause they are new and different there is a little bit of fear tossed into the recipe which I SO feed on! I didn't have any trouble with depth perception since the landing area was so lit up by cars. Nice sweet tiptoe landing. That's why I prefer a place that does do the carlight thing. One tip if you do go - pay attention to the landscape the whole way up and choose new landmarks as your normal landmarks may not be visible at night! This was especially important to me as I was jumping at a dz with a grass runway so not as easy to spot to begin with! Have fun! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
dove

However, it just occurred to me I'll be doing the AFC Championship game that weekend so I'll have to wait a while. :( Stupid, stupid job!

Ok.....now what's more important....work or skydiving?! And here I thought you had your priorities straight.. ;)
Mike

Generally you tend to flare high.
I did the New Yrs midnight jump at Eloy, they had vehicles pointed in the landing
direction, I flared a little high but still managed to stand it up.
During the briefing Brian B mentioned that 2 yrs ago one girl landed off, didnt flare
in full flight and broke both femurs.
I wear a mag light on my helmet for off landings.
If you are landing off, go to half brakes, this will slow you down and reduce injuries hopefully.
Landing with lots of partying skydivers cheering your landing is soooo cool
Andrew

I got a good roar for sliding the landing on my feet only to fall over at the end of the flair. Mike X has a scoring game for multiple night jump loads.
2 points for a standup landing
3 points for a 3 point landing
and 7 points for anything more then the 3 point landing.
At Lake Wales for Collegates it was Casa Load 1 Army under thier Classics vs Casa Load 2 sport jumpers on everything from VX88's to Astrobe 215's. Load 1 only had like 29 points. Load 2 had that many points with the first 5 people to land. Fun game and it really gets a roar going on the 7 pointers :)I want to touch the sky, I want to fly so high ~ Sonique

The landing was either no wind or ever so slightly down wind.
Pat and Brian decided to land everyone to the east where an overshoot took you
into the desert rather than to the west wherethere was the big tent and hangers.
Exit order was a 2 way then my 2 way.
I only saw 2 other canopies under canopy.
I came in parallel to and slightly behind someone else.
The first 2 way was a couple from europe (Denmark? Germany?)
So the guy was probably first down.
Dave (Brit) that I jumped with was flying a fairly small canopy
so I suspect his swoop was good also.
He had his video on ..... all you can see of me is my glow stick zipping around.
Andrew

Wow Thats amazing i did not realize our load (2) did that bad, i was coming in on a Nitron 120 loaded at 1.65:1 and landed just before the start of the cars, course after coming in downwind(they pointed the cars in the wrong direction) on a 135 demo when i had 110 jumps it was a piece of cake. Lake Wales was very cool I enjoyed it very much, and the Brit giving the breifing was hilarious. The 3 way full contact sit dive (which they told me afterwords was a full contact dive, Sara is one cool chicka) was the best. The Down plane to about 100 feet was so cool to see.
In closeing Night jumps rock, i did my RW night jump when i had 60 jumps, i was on a 8 way that was trying to form a Frisbee, which did except for one person, not me, being just alittle out on his turn. And that with the base funnelling into a headdown on exit :)Blue Skies long swoops
Jonathan