anj4de

Classic Jump Suits

Hello all

Hope you all had a nice Christmas...here is was very good, lots of family around etc...but now I am glad it's over;)

So here is my actual question. Is there a company or shop out there that still carries or makes classic skydive jump suits? I mean the ones with the two full length zippers, the knit collar and cuffs, all that in nice non-neon colors like ruby red or sun flower yellow, maybe checkered...just like the ones worn in "Gibbsy Moth" ... and then those great 70ties ones that make you look a bit like Batman. I see them from time to time on E-bay but of course never in my size.

thanks
Uwe
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

-Leonardo da Vinci

The old Pioneer Double Zipper jumpsuit!

I have a few of them, all are white and all are still in great shape...they were made before the stand-up landings were perfected. ;)

The last one I bought was from Para-Gear 20 some years ago on a close out sale...it's an extra large and it cost me 20 bucks! B|

I'd think with enough $ incentive ANY jumpsuit maker will build you a custom suit of that type...and yes I still have my 'Swing Wing' and my 2 piece 'Silly Suit'...neither are for sale though, never know when the old stuff will come back in fashion! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have a few of them, all are white and all are still in great shape...they were made before the stand-up landings were perfected. ;)

The last one I bought was from Para-Gear 20 some years ago on a close out sale...it's an extra large and it cost me 20 bucks! B|

I still have my black swing wing altered a bit I once had the white one too1977 or so. I have three Buzz special Dive-Rites A white RW ballonsuit and some Wind-Jammers from Tom Campau's Midwest Parachute
I'd think with enough $ incentive ANY jumpsuit maker will build you a custom suit of that type...and yes I still have my 'Swing Wing' and my 2 piece 'Silly Suit'...neither are for sale though, never know when the old stuff will come back in fashion! :ph34r:

HI Mr T

All my old stuff has shrunk even without being washed:( WAG Your X large double zip has shrunk and now its to small to fit you even were butt nakedB|

What we need is a G.I. that travels to a nice place overseas supply him with some good materils (zippers, thread, maybe cloth and the all important snaps for the black bungee stuff that fit underneath the boot to keep the legs from riding up.B|

Back in the day a tailor in the PI with a tredle sewing machine could make anything from a pic in a magazine. Just need to make sure the G.I. is the same size as us full figured folks or get the measurements right with pics.:P

In bali we took our cordura log book cover to a tailor shop, selected some nice leather and told the tailor "same same" . Nice workmans ship good velcro or the price :$ except the plastic for the USPA card and jump tickets didn't last.

R.

The PI is were I got my SCR/SCS patches made. They could sew or embroider anything as long as you had an example. The dropzone at Clark was interesting after they plowed it up all over the place looking for unexploded ordnance. You also had to avoid the Negrito village on takeoff because they would shoot at the plane! I wore out my last double zipper sliding in tandems. They were great for that job.

and yes I still have my 'Swing Wing'

Ever jump it? We need pics!

And I had a Swing Wing, it's gone, and now I want another! Anybody got one in a size "humongous"?
I'm a jumper. Even though I don't always have money for jumps, and may not ever own a rig again, I'll always be a jumper.

I still have one of the double zipper jumpsuits and it's in really good contidion. I jump it once in a while just for fun.

Here are a couple of pictures from the AT website.
Green Light
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."
"Your statement answered your question."

There is nothing more frustrating than exiting out of a DC3 last, having an awesome dive, swoop and dock, but finding yourself precariously holding onto the mere seams of inflated balloon suit that is falling 120 mph by the ragged edges of your fingernails!

"Get in, or go in!"

Pete