Divalent

When was the last time ...

................You heard someone yell "Eat Fuck Skydive" ??

Arvel

Had the T-Shirt; letters all kind of jumbled together and hard to make out the words. Most people were trying to make out the words so hard, they totally missed that the words were in the shape of a penis ;)

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

................You heard someone yell "Eat Fuck Skydive" ??

Arvel

Had the T-Shirt; letters all kind of jumbled together and hard to make out the words. Most people were trying to make out the words so hard, they totally missed that the words were in the shape of a penis ;)

:D
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

bump

bump +1 :P

Weak effort, folks. DB Cooper owns you. Resistance is futile.

Although I do wonder what would happen if a bunch of people entered their thread and just started posting pseudo offtopic stuff. Lots of it. Would it be possible to actually hijack that thread? (Would the mods delete off topic stuff? Would they go elsewhere? Start a new thread?) OTOH, it's kind of an institution here. Like a long running soap opera.

bump

Although I do wonder what would happen if a bunch of people entered their thread and just started posting pseudo offtopic stuff. Lots of it. Would it be possible to actually hijack that thread? (Would the mods delete off topic stuff? Would they go elsewhere? Start a new thread?) OTOH, it's kind of an institution here. Like a long running soap opera.

Nah! None of us could keep up the effort. :$ You're right about the soap opera. You miss one day and you wonder what the heck happened. You miss a couple of weeks/months and realize nothing changed at all! :S:P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

You miss a couple of weeks/months and realize nothing changed at all! :S:P

Sometimes I think I should post an apology to the jumpers on DZ.com for participating in that stupid, addicting thread as much as I did. But the truth is that the creation of this thread speaks to how many jumpers are fascinated by it, as well as being pissed by it. There's not much worse than these know-it-all wannabes.

Many of the whuffos are totally obnoxious, two particularly of them. Their general misunderstanding of our sport is hilarious. I love the number of instances where they argue among themselves over something that none of them know anything about. The thread really does have some totally hilarious moments.

I've been fascinated by the hijacking ever since I heard it on the radio a few hours after it happened. I keep reading the Cooper thread and hoping some old geezer like myself will pop into the thread and write: "I just finally got connected with this here stupid computer thingy. I figured I needed to learn about computers after seein that TV show about my jump..."
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

bump

Although I do wonder what would happen if a bunch of people entered their thread and just started posting pseudo off topic stuff. Lots of it. Would it be possible to actually hijack that thread? (Would the mods delete off topic stuff? Would they go elsewhere? Start a new thread?) OTOH, it's kind of an institution here. Like a long running soap opera.

I drop in there on occasion just to drop a fart in the elevator...:D

There are a couple of pseudo experts in there that without question have some serious personality disorders...they take this pixel machine WAY to serious and spew venom, hatred and threats to all who disagree with 'their' proof of whatever flavor of the month they decided is Cooper.

On the other hand there are a few in that room who are quite interesting to follow. People with a whole lotta knowledge on a whole lotta different subjects, they present 'their' case in a way that if nothing else give pause for speculation.

I did however have to spend 1/2 a day cleaning coffee of the keyboard when a relatively newcomer went off on how that thread means tons of $$$ to the big cheese running the show...how 'they' bring so much more traffic than any Skydiving topic to the website boosting ad sales etc.

And how that thread is used by CooperCrazies worldwide to continue the hunt.

What they don't understand, is that from the cheap seats....it's the same handful of wannabe band-camp counselors logging in time after time and that 3/4's of the posts are about who is 'stupid-er' than whom. :S:ph34r:

But it's ALL GOOD, they don't take up too much space and they never play loud music on Sundays.B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

But it's ALL GOOD, they don't take up too much space and they never play loud music on Sundays.B|

Jim, you are unquestionably one of the funniest people I've encountered on the Internet. And I've been online since well before the existence of 'the Web'.

And bump...
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

... that the DB Cooper thread was in 7th place in the forum list? (and can I drive it into 8th?)

Problem is once there is a post it goes back to the top even if you put it down 10...
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

I consider the DB Cooper thread a personal attack and a waste of electrons and bandwidth. I demand the the mods lock that thread so it can move to the bottom of the pile where it belongs.

I consider the DB Cooper thread a personal attack and a waste of electrons and bandwidth. I demand the the mods lock that thread so it can move to the bottom of the pile where it belongs.

Bump