SStewart

It was thirty years ago today

Sargent pepper taught the band to play....

I stepped out of a perfectly good airplane for the first time on March 22 1981.

Seriously, I am planning to make 30 jumps in one day to promote Autisim awareness. I need support and packers, any donations would be greatly appreciated.

Any funds above and beyond the cost of doing the jumps will be donated to charity.

I think I can do it, wish me luck
Onward and Upward!

Seriously, I am planning to make 30 jumps in one day to promote Autisim awareness. I need support and packers, any donations would be greatly appreciated.

Any funds above and beyond the cost of doing the jumps will be donated to charity.

A certificate!!!!!!.... hell the place I went to didn't do no stinkin certificates...

:ph34r:

I paid 50 bucks for that certificate!

Which at the time seemed like a lot

I paid 75 bucks in 1976...and I didn't get no stinkin' certificate!! :o>:(:S:ph34r:

$75? Did they cuddle with you after the jump?

Ya would think dinner, a kiss and a sloppy handjob maybe...but NO! [:/]

I even had to hold the pilots beer during the take off! :ph34r:

Turned out to be a great investment though, that club was full of old salt demo jumpers...little did I know I'd get so much return on money spent! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

According to the BLS CPI, Stewart did great with a $121 in 2011 dollars. Twardo got screwed with a $290 in 2011 dollars.

Locally to me in MI, FJC and 1 SL Jump are $185 to $220 these days, depending on DZ.

I checked Skydive Wissota, b/c I remembered they had good student prices, and it was FJC + 1 SL for $140, but they also had a FJC + 5 SL package at $240, which is a real steal.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

Best 50 bucks I ever spent.

Oh, and a case of beer. I was told to buy one and then my Jumpmaster chewed my ass for opening a beer before the last load took off. I didn't know the rules since I was just a wuffo with a certificate.

I thought he was an asshole but he did hook up my static line.
Onward and Upward!

Think I got my pilots license in 64, started flying jumpers to build hours at Aero Park, Wisconsin Sky Divers place and it was shortly after that they declared a "Pilots Jump Day" and chucked us out on static line PC's, I was told If I though I could make the peas to go for it....to my surprise I did, slid from one side almost to the other, plowing furrows with both feet, but survived it! What fun, I remember first jump course was $25.

When do you plan to to this and where? I am assuming your gonna use the 182 all day jumping from 2200? I will help but if you plan on making more then 1 jump I better not help with the packing ;)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

When do you plan to to this and where? I am assuming your gonna use the 182 all day jumping from 2200? I will help but if you plan on making more then 1 jump I better not help with the packing ;)

Skydive Ogden at 6:oo am on March 22nd.

2 grand hop and pops and maybe a big way on the last load. I expect we will use the 182 for most of the jumps.

I have a FB page set up with further info.
Onward and Upward!

I can't remember what I paid for my FJC in 1993, which covered the ground class and the first jump. I think it was probably $135. Each subsequent static line jump was $45.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

According to the BLS CPI, Stewart did great with a $121 in 2011 dollars. Twardo got screwed with a $290 in 2011 dollars.

Locally to me in MI, FJC and 1 SL Jump are $185 to $220 these days, depending on DZ.

I checked Skydive Wissota, b/c I remembered they had good student prices, and it was FJC + 1 SL for $140, but they also had a FJC + 5 SL package at $240, which is a real steal.

On the other hand...:$B|

I got accepted into the 'club' which meant 1000.00 up front for a 1/12th share of the 182, and for 30.00 a month for all the jumps ya could make.

We had to take a rotation spot for training students, jumping demos (proceeds went for fuel and maintenance) and flying...but it was never dull! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Do you have a Paypal account for donations?
I could pay a couple hop n pops.

[email protected]

Wow! thanks so much

Anything above and beyond cost will go to Autism awareness.

I have an Autistic son and that is what this is all about.

Here is the link;

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=131484436922147
Onward and Upward!