howardwhite

AAD

Remember this one?

Nope.

We need some more info. WWWW

This isn't the FIRST time I've seen one, just don't remember it:)

B-7881
R.I.P.

Same here...I remember seeing one at the club I jumped at 'back in the day' but no one ever used it...I thought it was for blowing up bridges and stuff back in WWII...:)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Stone age of automatic openers back then....amazing we survived the experience !

We survived because we used the automatic openers at the end of our arms. :)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Was this the beginning of the SSE Sentinel?

Does this help?
Snyder was in New Jersey most of the time, so Swarthmore PA was pretty early. But a manual, available through Amazon and others for $35, says Swarthmore.

The Sentinel Mark 2000 control unit was a different shape, rectangular, but the explosive pin puller unit looks similar.

SSE eventually withdrew them from sale to civilians.

HW

Hi John,

No, that unit was either the 2nd generation or the 3rd generation. The first generation used a 20K ft altimeter. I 'think' that the 2nd generation used a 10K ft altimeter; but I might be wrong on that. :S

It has been a 'few' years,

JerryBaumchen

PS) We had one dufus back in '64 who was all geared up and waiting to get on the plane ( he had a 1st generation Sentinel ). Some kids were standing there and they asked what that thing was. He told them & then they asked how it worked. He said, "You just turn it on; like this."

POW
- she fired & left his reserve canopy laying on the ground.

Some people were just not cutout for this sport. :o

Hi John,

No, that unit was either the 2nd generation or the 3rd generation. The first generation used a 20K ft altimeter. I 'think' that the 2nd generation used a 10K ft altimeter; but I might be wrong on that. :S

It has been a 'few' years,

JerryBaumchen

PS) We had one dufus back in '64 who was all geared up and waiting to get on the plane ( he had a 1st generation Sentinel ). Some kids were standing there and they asked what that thing was. He told them & then they asked how it worked. He said, "You just turn it on; like this."

POW
- she fired & left his reserve canopy laying on the ground.

Some people were just not cutout for this sport. :o

We used Sentinel 2000s at Z-Hills in the 70s. I remember one jumpmaster forgetting to calibrate the unit, so he did it on jump run. The student had a two out ride (a 28 and a 24, not really an issue like today's two out can be).

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519