mjosparky

No new ideas.

Page 22 of the January issue of Parachutist has a blurb about a “new” log book that is now available. (see attachment 1) It looks surprisingly like the ones I used for 25 years. (see attachment 2)
There are no new ideas just old ones coming back around again.:P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Page 22 of the January issue of Parachutist has a blurb about a “new” log book that is now available. (see attachment 1) It looks surprisingly like the ones I used for 25 years. (see attachment 2)
There are no new ideas just old ones coming back around again.:P

Sparky

The "Steve Snyder Logbooks" were the only ones I remember when I started in 1970. They came in 150 and 500 jump versions. They had FAR 105 in it. They also had a very excellent explanation of how to spot to include selecting an exit point in order to hit an opening point in order to drift to the target. With Para Commanders and students on cheapos, this was very valuable information. You could tell who had read it and paid attention to it.
I put 1,000 jumps in them before I quit logging for a while. (Something I regret to this day) After sequential got really big, people wanted to record ALL the points they did (or tried) on a jump so some one came up with the big log bolk that only held 2 jumpl on a page. I think that the people who sold the little skydiver man stamps are the ones who "pushed" the clunky log books.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Mine, purchased in 1965.
From the BSR info inside:

Each parachutist and student must be equipped as follows: Two air-worthy parachutes on a single harness consisting of a back pack with at least a 28' canopy and a chest pack with at least a 24' canopy. Chest pack may be packed without a pilot chute. If a pilot chute is used in the chest pack it must be the vane type. Back pack should be packed in deployment sleeve...."

HW