howardwhite

What is this canopy? #8

I'll take "Barish Sailwing" for $100, Alex.

I originally thought I saw long flares like a Barish, but in looking at a photo:

http://www.parachutehistory.com/other/sailwing.html

the nose looks all wrong, so I'm going to have to agree with Delta II.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I agree solid nose color and alternating stripes front to back. It looked just like my blue and white one. The OSI with one nose line out from the rest .If it was in color it would be blue. Mine at one time belonged to "Big Bill Weber". He only cut it away, I would do stand -ups in the Peas just to piss him off. Both of mine had the British Army mods and the last wrap on the OSI cut off and the velcro re-sewn. 127 with never a cut-away, I relined it to Para-Dactyl lines it never flew good again . I could out fly Strato-Stars for speed and distance and landing too. Ah yes I remember it well, I still like my Sabre 11 better

The picture, by Ray Cottingham, is in the May, 1972, Sky Diver. It is just titled "Wing Opening," but the OSI is the giveaway.
No info on where it was taken, but the cover of this issue is another Cottingham picture showing "..a 24-man star attempt runs into trouble over Elsinore." It shows a six-way round, a wobbly 12-way or so line, and some stragglers.

HW