47 47
quade

DB Cooper

"[Why am I even answering this? Who told this guy how to find us here on DZ rather than leaving him to talk to himself on Facebook?? "

Why, it was your alter-ego, Orange! A little voice whispered in my ear that I should put something in your stocking. So I'm letting it run down your leg into your sock. Cheer up! I could start transposing Facebook for you and make you all sick(er). Keep an open mind, closing off an empty cavity can create a pressure differential that could be hazardous. Cheer up! It is all in good educational spirits! :)

this boarders on sexual predator talk and shouldn't be tolerated!

Quade, serious question. Is "name calling" allowed when it is an accurate description of the person? If someone is actually being a sicko, is it still considered a P.A. to call them that?
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

"[Why am I even answering this? Who told this guy how to find us here on DZ rather than leaving him to talk to himself on Facebook?? "

Why, it was your alter-ego, Orange! A little voice whispered in my ear that I should put something in your stocking. So I'm letting it run down your leg into your sock. Cheer up! I could start transposing Facebook for you and make you all sick(er). Keep an open mind, closing off an empty cavity can create a pressure differential that could be hazardous. Cheer up! It is all in good educational spirits! :)

Pretty big accusation. Ya know what shouldn't be tolerated? Crying wolf.

Take it down a notch.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Pretty big accusation. Ya know what shouldn't be tolerated? Crying wolf.

Take it down a notch.

hey,
a spade is a spade and posting trash like "A little voice whispered in my ear that I should put something in your stocking. So I'm letting it run down your leg into your sock."
can only be taken for what it is. letting what run down her leg?
if you called a stranger up and said that, the police would come visit you where I live.

Quade, serious question. Is "name calling" allowed when it is an accurate description of the person? If someone is actually being a sicko, is it still considered a P.A. to call them that?

Yes.

Now, you can read CaretakerAl's words a number of ways and yes, if you have a fertile imagination it can be a little "sicko", but then again, I think just about every sentence ever written could be.

All you kids need to start playing a bit nicer or there's going to be fewer of you on a permanent basis and I'm kind of a "last guy in, first guy out" believer as well, so the new guys here better start shaping up fast.
quade -

That said, it's not YOUR job to deal with on that level and certainly not by making accusations about serious charges for other people.

If Orange is offended, I'm rather easily reachable.

Meanwhile, tone it down.
quade -

thanks for the info, but I have no budget at all to research :(

Then DON'T expect anyone to pick up the cost for you.

hearing voices? because i don't remember asking anyone to.

Actually, as I recall, you've asked people to do quite a bit of research for you. Shall we look back through the thread?
quade -

That said, it's not YOUR job to deal with on that level and certainly not by making accusations about serious charges for other people.

Meanwhile, tone it down.

it's every persons duty in this nation actually. to not just look the other way while things like that are happening.
no accusations have been made, only pointed out the obvious.

Actually, as I recall, you've asked people to do quite a bit of research for you. Shall we look back through the thread?

lets do that!
when have I asked anyone to do research for me?

I was offended but am generally not the type of person to go off complaining to moderators - to be honest I have been more offended by something Jo once posted. (a few posters stood up for me then and I just left it at that.) It would probably have to be something so obviously offensive that Quade would ban the person on the spot before I felt moved to complain anyway!! I just need to go back to my old mode of ignoring the posts of certain people. So there you have my one and only new year's resolution :D - feel free to call me out if I seem to be slipping on it :ph34r:
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

lets do that!
when have I asked anyone to do research for me?

Post 19981

would you know of a way to email or somehow contact this "Flo"?
certainly not asking for a phone number or anything too personal but maybe an email address or website she may have for this purpose?

are there any handwriting experts available? because even though I didn't expect so, I think theres some matches in from the handwriting samples I uploaded and the ticket.
the "N" on the ticket looks similar to the "M" in the samples, also the "Coop" has a larger "o" followed by a smaller "o" and the ""P" are very similar on both the ticket and the check.

I don't know how to gather the proofs to support my story, I invite anyone with the capacity to do so.
best leads for producing physical evidence are:

if you have any information, it's your duty to share it and help solve the "NORJACK" crime.
otherwise you are an accessory after the fact.

Although that's less of a request and more of a demand.

So it starts fairly early on in your "career" here and continues is various and numerous ways. Mostly though as bits of passive/aggressive items tossed out into the thread to see if people will nibble on and give you information back in return.
quade -

Started reading George's new book and I'm finding more and more really accurate information in here. Things like McCoy always using the term "we" like I state in Facebook. Things like the first two notes from Cooper to the flight deck never making it back to Cooper. (I knowow wherey airy they arrrrrre!) The lack of cooperation of certain parties, the proposed questions, etc. This guy is really good. Like everyone including myself, when you start to make a conclusion, it is probably wrong as NOTHING IS AS IT SEEMS! Better off to assume the opposite of the obvious. Think he perished? That is OBVIOUSLY what you are supposed to think. Difficult? That would also be obvious unless you knew about the double thermal underwear, boots, radio vectoring, the true flight path, the "X" chute, the pump station, and JO WEBER'S story in chief. I'm finding more and more priceless tidbits in this superb book. I recommend it as required reading for any REAL inquisitive minds. You clean-up crew guys won't like this one at all!!!
Now, nobody has gotten everything right, and George has some significant errors, but not in the information he has collected, just the suppositions he makes from the things he discovered. THAT is where the Mensa part I suggested comes into play. Profile this as a genius planner instead of a common criminal mind. Everything was planned to have you draw the wrong conclusion. Be a contrarian and it becomes clear(er). YAY for George and Harry! Best book yet!!

well hell with it, apparently you got it all figured out here already so I'll just shut up and sit my info for a future less asinine generation to hear or not.

And the band strikes up an extra loud rendition of "God Bless America," as Jason exits stage right, tail between his legs and screaming police abuse, to lick his wounds and perhaps fight another day. And the stands are filled with singing throngs, hearts swelling with pride, for the dragon slayer, QUADE, who just single-handedly incapacitated the mighty Jason......

well hell with it, apparently you got it all figured out here already so I'll just shut up and sit my info for a future less asinine generation to hear or not.

And the band strikes up an extra loud rendition of "God Bless America," as Jason exits stage right, tail between his legs and screaming police abuse, to lick his wounds and perhaps fight another day. And the stands are filled with singing throngs, hearts swelling with pride, for the dragon slayer, QUADE, who just single-handedly incapacitated the mighty Jason......

...who screams out 'Don't Tase Me Bro' to the gallery of deaf ears. :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I'm too lazy to read pages of this thread so I don't know if you got an answer about a twill canopy.

Twill canopies were still in the air when I started in 1980! I know this because I jumped with people wearing one and was asked to pack one in the early 80's but wouldn't. Everyone knew they shouldn't be in the air but they were. And it's not out of the question that a 1946 twill canopy was around a dropzone in 1971. Especially in a pilot rig. Nobody cared what was in there.

The DZ where I started was using 1965 military canopies for reserves on students in 1985. It happens to be laying on my rigging table for someone to practice on tomorrow. And older stuff was around.

Some riggers routinely pack 1950's gear today! I wouldn't but it's easy enough to find labeled as freshly packed and airworthy.

Until somebody tells me why ELSE that parachute would be buried there I think it probably IS Cooper's chute.

I've never seen a photo of the complete data panel that would have been opposite the DOM and contract number that has been shown. I assume that's because it isn't there anymore. It would be cut out to modify the parachute to make it steerable by civilian skydivers.

Thanks Terry. I thought they were gone from use in emergency bailout and reserve rigs by 71 but I stand corrected. I was jumping my 1951 C9
ripstop main into the late 70s and it was the oldest canopy on the DZ.

Was it legal to use surplus twill canopies in bailout rigs in 71? Was the decision that they were non airworthy an FAA decision or just common sense?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

"I'm too lazy to read pages of this thread so I don't know if you got an answer about a twill canopy."

The parachutes they were practicing with were all-white silk, military, which the trainer claimed were the over-all best chutes. He did not want to use a sport chute as he didn't think they were as safe for a beginner. He did not use the practice chute for the actual jump. That was a personal chute of the trainer and put in storage for Weber and it had an "X" on it. It was sewn shut so Duane could recognize if anyone had tampered with it. He was to cut the string and use the one with the X.
By the way, my screen name here, Caretaker Al, is my FBI Project Norjack code name if you FBI guys want reference. That is why I use it. Verify THAT!
Those are the FACTS, and THAT is what he did. Count 10 and pull. Anybody that knows the real truth knows this.

I don't care one way or the other, however, you keep promising to leave, but you never do.

Let me give you a little hint though. When "threatening" to leave a thread, lover or workplace over some issue, the minute the person make that threat he needs to either follow through with it or forever be known as a person who makes idle threats.

Further, the threat only works if people actually care.

It's a very bad strategy for attempting to hold on to a person's dignity.
quade -

I don't care one way or the other, however, you keep promising to leave, but you never do.

Let me give you a little hint though. When "threatening" to leave a thread, lover or workplace over some issue, the minute the person make that threat he needs to either follow through with it or forever be known as a person who makes idle threats.

Further, the threat only works if people actually care.

It's a very bad strategy for attempting to hold on to a person's dignity.

Quade is absolutely right about the effect of idle threats in the real world Jamie, but this forum isn't the real world. Half the people posting regularly have threatened to leave forever. You can join their ranks, it's not a huge deal, at least not to me.

I've never threatened to leave. I can see the future, just me Quade and a few whuffos. Jumpers are volatile and sooner or later most will hurl an insult that brings them to the attention of our moderator. I'll be here for a long time unless some jumpship suffers engine trouble right after takeoff and the pilot tries a quick turn back to the runway.

Jamie, post some info about your Dad's parachute stuff.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Al wrote:The parachutes they were practicing with were all-white silk, military, which the trainer claimed were the over-all best chutes. He did not want to use a sport chute as he didn't think they were as safe for a beginner. He did not use the practice chute for the actual jump. That was a personal chute of the trainer and put in storage for Weber and it had an "X" on it. It was sewn shut so Duane could recognize if anyone had tampered with it. He was to cut the string and use the one with the X. ***

Al,

The container that had the X and was sewn shut was a chest mount reserve. There was no way to securely attach it to the NB6 harness that Cooper put on. The NB6 did not have D rings. The Pioneer sport harness DID have D rings but Cooper left that one in the plane.

Please explain how Cooper used a chest mount reserve for his jump.

"I'm too lazy to read pages of this thread so I don't know if you got an answer about a twill canopy."

The parachutes they were practicing with were all-white silk, military, which the trainer claimed were the over-all best chutes. He did not want to use a sport chute as he didn't think they were as safe for a beginner. He did not use the practice chute for the actual jump. That was a personal chute of the trainer and put in storage for Weber and it had an "X" on it. It was sewn shut so Duane could recognize if anyone had tampered with it. He was to cut the string and use the one with the X.
By the way, my screen name here, Caretaker Al, is my FBI Project Norjack code name if you FBI guys want reference. That is why I use it. Verify THAT!
Those are the FACTS, and THAT is what he did. Count 10 and pull. Anybody that knows the real truth knows this.

the over-all best chutes?

compared to what? chutes designed by da Vinci?

Come on Big Bob. This is a formal op. A lot at
stake. This isnt your average Saturday afternoon
bar'beque, or is it? These are technically trained
experts pulling off a heist intended to wake up
the world, by your account, and the best
they can come up with is: over-all best chutes?

Something is wrong with your terminology ...
and your plotline.

You make this sound like some play the kids
at Kinderfarm have put together. Who wears
the grizzly bear suit in whose mom's mink coat
... who rattles the tin sheet for sound effects?

You yourself claim to be a technically trained
expert in engineering design (mold fabrication
etc) - on your Facebook vita. Is "over-all best
chutes" something a trained engineer would say?

So you are saying Cossey and the lady at the
flying school were all in on this? Who picked the
chute with the X and gave it to the officer to
transport to SEA? She was an informed participant?

What happens to 'the rest of the story'? You make
it sounds like your CA Op is happening in a vacuum.

Bob, you are toying with actual history here.
B'bop Alooma did NOT stab Ceasar! It was
Brutus! There were witnesses at the OK Corral!
And Mickey Mouse was not flying one of the F106's
to make sure Cooper escaped!

"over-all best scenario" ... grade F for Failed.

re-write your script?

Georger wrote:

And Mickey Mouse was not flying one of the F106's
to make sure Cooper escaped!

I still get a kick out of the fact that two F 106 air defense interceptors which were designed for this task were unable to track the 727 but a McChord C 130 Herc did find it. Fighter jocks are always looking down their noses at transport pilots. Not this time.