47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Oh snowmman you humanitarian!

Indeed! Nothing abominable about our Snowmman... when he is in a good mood.

Pre Cooper 727 jump evidence has definitely put our Snowmman in a good mood.

Im rather serious in saying Cooper could
have brokered the idea of jumping from a 727 from a
number of possible sources, including his own re-
invention of the wheel (his own idea born on the
spur of the obvious). But, it was common knowledge
and common myth that one cold bail from and drop
cargo out of a 727. I have not run across any vet
with experience who didnt know that or think it, based
on something. In fact the knowledge or myth is so
wide spread I have thought our discussing it is rather
silly. I could be done, and was done as a fact, easily.
(I would not even be surprised to find out engineers
at Boeing designed the plane so cargo drop could be done! wooops am I revealing something. Yes, I do know a retired Boeing enginner who worked on the
Cooper vane project).

So, we have proved you can jump out the back of a
727. Melly Clistmas!

Georger

Thanks Snow, great job. Amazing footage!

What type of aircraft is shadowing the 727 during the drop sequence photos? Almost looks like a Twin Beech (Beech 18 or USAF C 45) in which case the airpseed was SLOW, probably just under 120. Could it be a small jet? T 39? Any opinions?

The horizontal displacement of the jumpers is no huge deal. Looks to me like a reasonably non violent jump. CRW dogs, what do you think?

Man what a SLICK airdrop system, fly en route to the DZ pressurized, high and fast (727s are among the fastest jet airliners ever made) , descend and depressurize, open the door and drop a load of pallets and/or jumpers, button up and go back high and fast. The system appears to have worked really well.

Fedex ought to consider it. Why land at Memphis and then send some stuff back to places you flew over when you could drop stuff off enroute? GPS steered ram air chutes can deliver cargo to precise landing points.

So Cooper could have easily known about these jumps and therefore been confident that he could escape from a 727 by chute. Georger had heard of the 727 drops from Nam vets. I think it was known to a number of people outside of Boeing's engineering and flight test departments. Certainly many within Air Amerca knew. Do we believe that such an effective systeme was never used operationally? Maybe...

Once Snowmman gets a lead he digs deep and relentlessly, Sluggo and Georger too. Let's see where this goes.

Gentlemen, start your search engines.

You might want to pursue drops over Laos and Cambodia.

Georger

Okay, now we're searching for a couple things, in addition to what 377 mentioned (major props to 377 for the Leeker info).

Ckret has gone missing. Not clear who has nabbed him.
But Tom Kaye still has Cooper bills. They're each worth $2-$3k. So Ckret will likely show up to reclaim them at some point.

Tom K: That's when you have to nab him. 4 days of loud Nine Inch Nails and no sleep, should be enough to get the truth out of him. It's not torture, so go for it.

The Night Clerk: Last sighted at Portland FBI office. May frequent Chinese restaurants. Details on getting English teaching jobs at this site may help find him, since he is supposedly on the run back to China.
http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/teach.html

Jo: The Ringleader. Should be considered insane, therefore very dangerous.

Duane: Sold life insurance to the static line jumpers in the 727 video. Therefore must be considered primary suspect.

Good progress thanks to 377 and you! Congrats..

Georger

Keeping track of what was what in Laos was evidently complicated. I'm interested in the intermingling of US civilian and military personnel. Sounds like everyone did everything.

from
http://books.google.com/books?id=fh_y5IFSByUC&pg=PA84&#PPA84,M1

"Although the civilian air carriers in Laos operated under separate USAID, CIA, and USAID/RO (DOD) contracts, aircraft crews often performed work where the contracts where "mixed." It was not unusual for a single pilot to fly a variety of missions, both military and civilian related, over the course of a day. For example, morning duty at a Lima site could involve the movement of food supplies, while the afternoon assignment might entail the movement of FAR or SGU troops.

This complex system was managed by an "Air Support Branch" (ASB) within the USAID/RO. The ASB, in close coordination with the contract air carriers and the "customers", would publish at Udorn and Vientiane a daily flight operations schedule. However, with the aircraft often operating at the direction of on-scene USAID, CIA and USAID/RO officials, success was largely dependent upon responsive and flexible air crews"

from a takhli oldtimer's website:

http://www.takhli.org/more4.htm

29 Apr 00

I'm enjoying the website very much. I served at Takhli first as a TDY photo officer from the 600 Photo Sq. in Tan Son Nhut AB, Vietnam and later as Commander of Det 2, 601 Photo Flight (May 67- Mar 68)i. The photo of the bridge drop in the Takhli Times came from a KB-18 strike camera.

The F-105, EB-66 and KC-135 combat crews, crew chiefs, maintenance, and support personnel there did a superior job with extremely difficult and continuously frustrating restrictions on air operations. I am so glad to see the web site that has been created. It brought back so many memories of that time and place 32 years ago. I even chuckled when I saw Nit Noi.

The story of the CIA account was interesting too. Some airplanes that frequently flew to/from this base was a U-2 from a special compound behind the Thuds, Southern Air Transport 727's that moved cargo (I always wondered if D. B. Cooper of parachute fame got his start with the CIA operation mentioned) and occasional special mission KC-135's that stopped in after SR-71 refueling operations "up North".

Another confirms that a U-2 was at Takhli in the late '60s
http://www.takhli.org/more7.htm

"25 Jul 03

I was a weather observer with Det. 12, 10th Weather Squadron from August 1966 to August 1967. Major Avenger was our commander at that time.

While I was there the 355th Fighter wing was there along with some KC135's, RB66's and a black U-2 that belonged to the CIA in a secret compound. "

I noticed there are two static line jumpers. I had thought the no-helmet guy was just jumpmastering. But it appears he jumped too! maybe he got carried away with the moment. No helmet, no jumpsuit, no goggles? Not sure if he's the 2nd jumper though. What think?
He's in full-on Cooper mode: short sleeve white shirt.

Was it Zing pointed out general lack of goggles in those days?
Snow, fyi even these days students do not need to wear goggles when doing SL (unless they have contact lenses). Some DZs do not even make them wear jumpsuits. More experienced jumpers doing hop'n'pops will often do them sans goggles, helmet and jumpsuit too. (None of these are out of 727s, obviously.)

377, I know when I did SL they packed the rigs to open faster because of the subterminal opening. Do you know if this was done on rounds in the old days? Do you have any thoughts (i know this is conjecture) as to whether SL rigs for a 727 would have been packed differently to account for the airspeed at opening? (I'm just wondering if jumps done out of 727s would have been with differently packed chutes that may not negate the concerns about an immediate opening. Assuming Cooper could deal with Cossey's hard pull of course.)
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

:)
Do not fret about me or the night clerk - just do what you do best. I am doing what I do best and I am making some head way

I am doing what the FBI did not do - all be it several yrs have been wasted and the trail is colder but not obliterated.

Snowman the other suspects - 53,000 of them:

Boeing's involvement with the space program is interestingly detailed, as is the crash of 1969-71 when the payroll was trimmed from 101,000 workers to 38,000. The company later rebounded to a current annual $6.5 billion profit
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

When I did S/L on 68 we used surplus rounds mostly C 9s but a few T 10s for heavy students. They were sleeved just like freefall rigs.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

There is no way there can be 53,000 suspects for our purposes. Yes maybe that many "names". But a name is not a suspect.

There's no "set of skills/set of behaviors/psyche/physical description/life story?" profile that matches 53,000.
Other than maybe "breathes air".

Now if you want to say "no skills required" and just a random dude, then sure. Any male in the world that matches the physical description, a little.

But that's not interesting.

For us, the only rational thing is to assume some set of things that narrows to a profile, that could lead to either a tip, or discovery of a suspect. Then theoretically suspects get resolved thru other means.

It is most probable that Cooper will never be found. So don't stress about that. Stress about your "plan". Is it a good plan or a bad plan?

If your plan is to prove Duane was Cooper, ...high stress for you for the rest of your life! Fare thee well!

Sluggo apparently has no plan. He should make a plan.

I don't know what Ckret's current plan is. Maybe The Plan of No Plan..ala Tesshu
http://www.amazon.com/Sword-No-Sword-Master-Warrior-Tesshu/dp/1570620504

Tom Kaye's plan? Can always fall back on dinosaurs?

My plan is information maximization. There is so little information/data, it is still easy to focus on a blade of grass.

I would love to have 100,000 suspects. The problem is I don't! There are too few good suspects! Yossarian (and The Night Clerk) lives!

Suspects? 53,000? Nahhh

Give me a local who was a skydiver, paratrooper or smoke jumper and who knew that a 727 was jumpable. That narrows it down to a few hundred.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Suspects? 53,000? Nahhh

Give me a local who was a skydiver, paratrooper or smoke jumper and who knew that a 727 was jumpable. That narrows it down to a few hundred.

and you can throw in "That matches the general description"

Hey here's a thought: Everyone thinks the 1971-72 composite is bad, right, and that for some strange reason, the '81 composite is better?

What if the '71 composite is better? Even though cooper is mid '40s, he somehow looks like that. Wouldn't that be a good thing since it should narrow it down?

Sometimes I wonder if we ignore clues because we don't like them for some reason.
Agent H. in the Norjak book came right out said he dismissed a suspect because he seemed too "feminine". (Hmm does Agent H. have a preference???)
That's just an example.

Ground control to Major Tom:

How is the money analysis going?

All,

Nice job on the 727 movie! Nothing like actual pics/video to prove a point. Things were getting pretty personal around here lately, I am glad your back to real RESEARCH!

I am waiting on UPS for a palladium target for my sputter coater. This will allow for more detailed elemental analysis. Besides that I have money rotting in a jar with water, kind of like watching paint dry....

Did anyone see the Discovery documentary on last night? It was news to me. Jo got her 5 minutes.
TK

Okay, I snipped and uploaded it to Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrqdmXxBZjI

Comment there, or here, with insight!

I think it's pretty good. about 2 1/2 minutes.

I noticed there are two static line jumpers. I had thought the no-helmet guy was just jumpmastering. But it appears he jumped too! maybe he got carried away with the moment. No helmet, no jumpsuit, no goggles? Not sure if he's the 2nd jumper though. What think?

This is what I looked for - for yrs. I had been told about it, but had no proof it was actually done - now, you found it. I was only able to watch it in second segments. Does anyone know how I can get it on a disk or whatever in order to view it like it is supposed to be viewed. I have only dial-up.

Air America planes had a connection to JMWave (reported to be a covert cover) out of Florida. JMWave bought some of the planes. Two companies who had Weber on their payroll at that time and prior to that as Collins were part of JMWave.? Go research JMWave and you will find they bought Air American planes in the 60's and early 70's. JMWave was reportedly related to various covert actions in Cuba and other countries. There was also a reported drug connection.

I know you guys think I am crazy but this clip took me right back to where I was yrs ago and all it got me was 12 yrs of being ridiculed and made fun of and called delusional....BUT, I didn't have the clip - just the information that it had been done and Duane's involvement with these companies.

These Insurance companies have alway been a puzzled me because Ex-cons cannot be licensed insurance agents. I met many individual who worked for these companies when Duane did - and I have since 1996 found that four of whom Duane had a close association with are also ex-cons. Most agents with these companies were and are very legitimate - but for some reason it seemed to be a easy place for ex-cons to find employment.

Did anyone see the Discovery documentary on last night? It was news to me. Jo got her 5 minutes.
TK

No. Is it available online?

TK

TV? what's TV?

Looks like something was on this morning on Discovery Channel? Is this a new flick?

Dec 15, 11:00 am
(60 minutes)

D.B. Cooper
TV-PG, CC

A Hollywood screenwriter couldn't have better scripted D.B. Cooper's parachuted jump strapped with a stolen $200,000 from Northwest Airlines 727 in 1971. With sophisticated forensic techniques, new light is shed on this dark night of a criminal vanisher.

In 2004, Discovery had this flick with Jo:
"Flight From Justice: The Story of D.B. Cooper." Not only will Jo Weber be interviewed on the show, producers say FBI investigators will share their theories on who hijacked that plane nearly 33 years ago.

That show was reviewed here:
http://www.tv.com/the-fbi-files/flight-from-justice-the-story-of-d.b.-cooper/episode/535955/reviews.html?review_id=90577&flag=&tag=reviews;episode;continue;1

Bill bixby is alive and well and living with Elvis and DB Cooper. Regardless of DB's fate it's nicde to have our own Elvis in the skydiving world. Sorry, no factual info to offer, just love that DB is alive and well in the forum!

However, $200k from 1971 is probably gone so if he is alive he is certainly working somewhere, maybe your local DZ.
Chris

Bill bixby is alive and well and living with Elvis and DB Cooper. Regardless of DB's fate it's nicde to have our own Elvis in the skydiving world. Sorry, no factual info to offer, just love that DB is alive and well in the forum!

However, $200k from 1971 is probably gone so if he is alive he is certainly working somewhere, maybe your local DZ.

Maybe a greeter at WalMart. He would only be 80-90.

Georger

TK

TV? what's TV?

Looks like something was on this morning on Discovery Channel? Is this a new flick?

Dec 15, 11:00 am
(60 minutes)

D.B. Cooper
TV-PG, CC

A Hollywood screenwriter couldn't have better scripted D.B. Cooper's parachuted jump strapped with a stolen $200,000 from Northwest Airlines 727 in 1971. With sophisticated forensic techniques, new light is shed on this dark night of a criminal vanisher.

In 2004, Discovery had this flick with Jo:
"Flight From Justice: The Story of D.B. Cooper." Not only will Jo Weber be interviewed on the show, producers say FBI investigators will share their theories on who hijacked that plane nearly 33 years ago.

That show was reviewed here:
http://www.tv.com/the-fbi-files/flight-from-justice-the-story-of-d.b.-cooper/episode/535955/reviews.html?review_id=90577&flag=&tag=reviews;episode;continue;1

Its obvious. What the world needs and wants, is a
Jo Weber DB Cooper doll!

Book writers could put the Jo Weber doll in with their
books!

Networks could sell the Jo Weber DB Cooper doll!

Just imagine. Out of every 60 mins of programming
CNN could market its Jo Weber doll for 45 minutes.

Jo would be a billionaire. Sluggo would be a millionaire managing Jo's affairs. Geof Gray cold
get the first 10,000 certified dolls to sell with his
book! Galen Cook could be denied any dolls to sell.

Thats it! The Jo Weber DB Cooper doll.

You heard it first here(@)Georger

Georger copywrite@12-16-08

Okay, I snipped and uploaded it to Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrqdmXxBZjI

Comment there, or here, with insight!

I think it's pretty good. about 2 1/2 minutes.

This is what I looked for - for yrs. I had been told about it, but had no proof it was actually done - now, you found it. I was only able to watch it in second segments. Does anyone know how I can get it on a disk or whatever in order to view it like it is supposed to be viewed. I have only dial-up.

Air America planes had a connection to JMWave (reported to be a covert cover) out of Florida. JMWave bought some of the planes. Two companies who had Weber on their payroll at that time and prior to that as Collins were part of JMWave.? Go research JMWave and you will find they bought Air American planes in the 60's and early 70's. JMWave was reportedly related to various covert actions in Cuba and other countries. There was also a reported drug connection.

I know you guys think I am crazy but this clip took me right back to where I was yrs ago and all it got me was 12 yrs of being ridiculed and made fun of and called delusional....BUT, I didn't have the clip - just the information that it had been done and Duane's involvement with these companies.

These Insurance companies have alway been a puzzled me because Ex-cons cannot be licensed insurance agents. I met many individual who worked for these companies when Duane did - and I have since 1996 found that four of whom Duane had a close association with are also ex-cons. Most agents with these companies were and are very legitimate - but for some reason it seemed to be a easy place for ex-cons to find employment.

I do seem to recall Jo insisting that there had been early 727 jumps. I remember questioning her proof.

Jo, how did you obtain that info? I had my strong doubts, but you were right. I expected Dr. Lesser to confirm that the Air America 727 jump stories were urban myth, but SURPRISE: he links me to FILM OF THE JUMPS!!!!

JM Wave appears to be entwined in all sorts of spook stuff. Doesn't mean Duane was Cooper but it does add some possibilities that Duane may have been exposed to some covert ops guys.

Jo, you make a big deal about felons being banned from insurance jobs. Duane was a con man. Isn't it far more likely that he evaded detection of his convictions rather than being granted a free felon pass by higher ups? I have seen it done by flipping a number pair on a social security number and misspelling one letter in a last name. If caught you claim "mistake or typo". If not caught, you got the job. Back in the pre Internet days it was easy to hide criminal records in routine employment situations. Maybe word spread among cons about places that were lax in checking backgrounds. I just cannot see an insurance company intentionally recruiting cons.

I think the chase plane seen flying above the 727 is an Air America Beech/Volpar Turbo Beech 18. I didn't think a radial engined Twin Beech could rendezvous with and pace a 727, but a turboprop one could.

I bet someone on another dropzone forum knows something about these airdrop tests. I am going to try and find out who.

The jumper in the white shirt with no helmet is puzzling. Strange attire for a test jump. His rig is S/L so he wasnt a loadmaster or kicker. They are shown with ripcord rigs. Who were these earliest 727 jumpers? US? Thai? Laotion?

Jo Stated:

377 stated:

I do seem to recall Jo insisting that there had been early 727 jumps. I remember questioning her proof.

Jo, how did you obtain that info? I had my strong doubts, but you were right. I expected Dr. Lesser to confirm that the Air America 727 jump stories were urban myth, but SURPRISE: he links me to FILM OF THE JUMPS!!!!

JM Wave appears to be entwined in all sorts of spook stuff. Doesn't mean Duane was Cooper but it does add some possibilities that Duane may have been exposed to some covert ops guys.

Jo, you make a big deal about felons being banned from insurance jobs. Duane was a con man. Isn't it far more likely that he evaded detection of his convictions rather than being granted a free felon pass by higher ups? I have seen it done by flipping a number pair on a social security number and misspelling one letter in a last name. If caught you claim "mistake or typo". If not caught, you got the job. Back in the pre Internet days it was easy to hide criminal records in routine employment situations. Maybe word spread among cons about places that were lax in checking backgrounds. I just cannot see an insurance company intentionally recruiting cons.

Most of them had no idea he was an excon, but 4 at one time were working for a specific company along with legitimate employees. Duane was using his real name and SS. I have told authorities about this "other " person and persons of interest involved with some of the companies. I got ignored.

For the most part the companies Duane worked for were legitimate, but I was not comfortable with them myself. I was happy when he was able to get back with a the one company he retired from - a very reputable and well knonw company... his criminal record never came up in all of those yrs from 1978 until 1988. Amazing.

The had supscions of strange things even in the 80's but, in 1996 afterr researching Duane's past - a pattern evolved. I didn't know what it was - it just didn't feel right - but then HOW much did I know about this man I had been married to for 17 yrs.

I shared this GUT feeling with Himmelsbach and others.

The JMWave thing was put to me a few yrs ago - around 2002 by someone from CA trying to make a MLK connection, but I had already played with the covert angle, I just didn't have a nane for it. I told the FBI what I suspected in the 90's.

In the last 2 yrs "Sluggo" was able to peg 2 of the companies as JMWave entities. So his visit with me was time very well spent, just to verify that Duane had indeed worked for the companies.

Sluggo is an amazing guy himself along with Safecrack whom I have never met. I have had angels with me for a long time - most really want to help, but then there are those who are self serving meaning that they are using me for their own purpose (story, book, movie or whatever they do).

As for that show you are talking about - I have done only one thing in the last 7 yrs around 2003.
Was this one they did on the beach? (I don't know if they used the beach clip, but it was made at the Inn on the beach). That was the LAST one. The one before that was in WA in 2001.

I took NO compensation for my time - they film you for hours and use 1 or 2 minutes. I wonder what they do with all of that footage they film? Archive it or destory it?

I swore I would never do it again and so far I have not. If the FBI can't get off their ass I might just have to do it one last time, but I cannot tolerate the heat and the lights with my condition and do not know how they can get around that.

Hopefully the FBI will get their job done - and all I will have to do is turn my stuff over to someone and say - Tell what REALLY HAPPENED and keep it factual - no myths, no literary licensing of facts - no fllth, no illicite sex and do it honestly.
Bury DB Cooper once and for all.